Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Setting up a security Key (mobile, iphone)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Setting up a security Key (mobile, iphone)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Discordic's Avatar


Discordic
12.15.2011 , 05:22 AM | #1
Basically, I'm having a little bit of trouble setting up a mobile security key for my account. It /probably/ is because I've missed something basic, but after much reading around on the site, I can't find anything. So... Yep. Asking.

After downloading the app to my iphone, I open it, and the screen automatically goes to a page requesting that I input my 7 digit security number. Likewise, if I go to https://account.swtor.com/user/security-key, I am also asked for a serial number. The page stats that to view the key, I should use the 'information' icon within the app, and select 'security key information' , a concept which sounds simple enough.

The problem is that... Well... As mentioned before, opening the app goes right to a screen requesting my security number, and I can't go from that page to any other page within the app (presumably, I need to input the number before I can). As a consequence, there is no information icon for me to use to find the security key in the first place.

In short, I need to input my security number in order to be able to view my security number.

Gilgurth's Avatar


Gilgurth
12.15.2011 , 05:23 AM | #2
Keep refreshing the web page. Eventually you'll get a page with the codes you need to input into your phone. The process is buggy, but will eventually work.

Sangriel's Avatar


Sangriel
12.15.2011 , 05:24 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Discordic View Post
Basically, I'm having a little bit of trouble setting up a mobile security key for my account. It /probably/ is because I've missed something basic, but after much reading around on the site, I can't find anything. So... Yep. Asking.

After downloading the app to my iphone, I open it, and the screen automatically goes to a page requesting that I input my 7 digit security number. Likewise, if I go to https://account.swtor.com/user/security-key, I am also asked for a serial number. The page stats that to view the key, I should use the 'information' icon within the app, and select 'security key information' , a concept which sounds simple enough.

The problem is that... Well... As mentioned before, opening the app goes right to a screen requesting my security number, and I can't go from that page to any other page within the app (presumably, I need to input the number before I can). As a consequence, there is no information icon for me to use to find the security key in the first place.

In short, I need to input my security number in order to be able to view my security number.
Reopen the page in different window of browser or try to clear cookies and history in the browser setting. Then hit F5 or Refresh.
The page should show some numbers that you need to input on iPhone in order to work.
Hope it helps.

CrazyGreggy's Avatar


CrazyGreggy
12.15.2011 , 05:39 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Gilgurth View Post
Keep refreshing the web page. Eventually you'll get a page with the codes you need to input into your phone. The process is buggy, but will eventually work.
Worked. Thanks.

Stijndg's Avatar


Stijndg
12.15.2011 , 08:46 AM | #5
Stil not getting the authenticator to work here

Kajf's Avatar


Kajf
12.15.2011 , 08:49 AM | #6
I don't even see an option to activate a mobile Security Key, just a physical one.

Progen's Avatar


Progen
12.15.2011 , 08:52 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kajf View Post
I don't even see an option to activate a mobile Security Key, just a physical one.
Yep I've got exactly the same problem too.

Rulyen's Avatar


Rulyen
12.15.2011 , 08:53 AM | #8
CS Droids were reporting that the auth system was not operational, so they may have taken the option off to prevent more issues.
. Fear teh Beta Pixel!

EASchlag's Avatar


EASchlag
12.15.2011 , 08:54 AM | #9
Having the same issue I just dont get the option to set up a mobile key, they have the physical ones available but not the mobile one?

Tolyre's Avatar


Tolyre
12.15.2011 , 08:58 AM | #10
I keep thinking I am missing something, but yeah I am not seeing anyway to acquire a code for the iPhne app.