Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Blog: Busting Bugs and Fixing Exploits

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Blog: Busting Bugs and Fixing Exploits
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
01.31.2012 , 03:03 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello everyone! We’ve posted a new blog from Richard Vogel that talks about busting bugs and fixing exploits. Click here to read the blog!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

tcander
01.31.2012 , 03:03 PM | #2
Yea, this should have been posted 1 month ago.
Deega - Anchorhead(PVP)

Tygranir
01.31.2012 , 03:04 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by tcander View Post
Yea, this should have been posted 1 month ago.
No one is ever happy with what they get.... *sigh*
I am eating your canon, and pooping your immersion.

horatio_picard
01.31.2012 , 03:12 PM | #4
The article was some good insight into the troubleshooting side of things. I know you are swamped with bugs/fixes, etc. right now. My one suggestion would be to expand your CSR ticketing system so that when we submit a ticket not only can we give more information (in the form of additional radio buttons, or the like), but that once said ticket is submitted, we can check progress of it.

for instance, if i submit a ticket and have chosen BUG BLOCKER (class progression killer), then I should see a priority assigned to it from your staff, and perhaps even know where in the queue I am. that said, I understand if you wouldn't publish queue/ticket numbers, but it would go a long way to allowing your customers to know that they are not going to be ignored for 233 days waiting to see if their ticket is picked up.

It doesn't need to be overly detailed, but it does need to be reassuring that the ticket has been reviewed, queued, assigned, tested, etc.

Otherwise, keep doing a bangup job knocking these things out.
Dramatis Personæ - Bergeron Colony
Kelmon <> Sith Warrior TANK , Viona <> Commando TANK
Lizbeth <> Bounty Hunter DPS , Pra'xis <> Agent DPS
Edom <> Smuggler DPS , Lenor <> Smuggler Healer
Evet<> Agent Healer , Zantiva <> Knight DPS

smilecz
01.31.2012 , 03:12 PM | #5
Hm ... what this text is about ? sigh ...

We dont care about new content, fix your game ...

SoulstitchMMO
01.31.2012 , 03:15 PM | #6
Yeah so is there a team that is fixing basic mechanics like getting what is in the game to work? Like... a properly functioning Auction house. Or vendors... that you know... sort properly. That when I sort by equippable it does something crazy like... sort things that are equippable.

Every single coder you have needs to work on getting what you've made running properly.

bchorn
01.31.2012 , 03:16 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by smilecz View Post

Did you even read the blog? The entire blog except for the last paragraph was about fixing bugs.

ZephyJackal
01.31.2012 , 03:18 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by bchorn View Post
Did you even read the blog? The entire blog except for the last paragraph was about fixing bugs.
No, people don't bother to read anymore. They just see a thread by the devs and crap all over it.

Orici
01.31.2012 , 03:19 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by smilecz View Post

We do care about new content. Game is not as "broken" as some forum posters say.

Ive been playing since Dec. 18th and havent run into 1 gamebreaking bug. I have run into a few regular bugs. I submit my report, and continue having fun. I dont run to the forums and say the sky is falling we're all doomed!!

Excellent article. Thank you for letting us in on the process. I was actually curious as to how you guys handled these things.
If your soldiers fear you, they'll fight for you. If they love you, they'll die for you.
¶█╬╬╬╬╬╬°¯°█|{▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Berezo
01.31.2012 , 03:21 PM | #10
stop new content and fix the game. All your resources need to be put into fixing the game that exists now!!! You said you patched warzones not properly awarding wins, you lied. There is no argument there. You told the player base you fixed an issue when you did not. That is LYING.

Lying to your paying customers will result in you losing paying customers. As for the bug thing, it would be best for this "future" content you are working on to be tested this time. Please test it and increase the utility of the PTS. The PTS is useless as is right now. Add incentive for players to want to test your patches on there such as character copying!!!! Why is this so hard for you?????
Squad 367 Member