Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Help! C++ 2008 Redistributable error! Error code 1935

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Help! C++ 2008 Redistributable error! Error code 1935

mattedcat
12.15.2011 , 04:57 AM | #1
I was hoping someone could help me before I tear my hair out. I'm afraid I'm not very tech-savvy and I'm having a problem installing. The game seems to install ok but when it tries to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 it gets to '0 seconds remaining' pauses there for a while and then I get the following error message:

Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC90.ATL,version="9.0.30729.1",publicKe yToken="1fc8b3b9a1e183b".processorArchitecture="x8 6".tyoe="win32"'. Please refer to help and support for more information. HRESULT: 0x8007054F.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I've googled this and there seem to be a couple of threads on in but for some reason when I try and access them it says 'Thread not specified'.

I've been trying since yesterday to find a solution and I think I'm going insane!

Anyone having this problem and/or know how to fix it?

Help would be very much appreciated!

Leadlian
12.15.2011 , 05:03 AM | #2
What OS are you using?

Ahkronn
12.15.2011 , 05:03 AM | #3
Try downloading and install MsVC++

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...ylang=en&id=29

salming
12.15.2011 , 05:06 AM | #4
I had the same issue, but just aborted the installation, re-run the installation again and then it worked.

mattedcat
12.15.2011 , 05:08 AM | #5
Wow, you guys are fast!

I'm using Vista.

I tried downloading it from there already, it just comes up with the same error code: 1935.

mattedcat
12.15.2011 , 05:10 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by salming View Post
I had the same issue, but just aborted the installation, re-run the installation again and then it worked.
You mean reinstall the whole game or just reinstall MVC++?

Erevan_Kindelar
12.15.2011 , 05:15 AM | #7
Usually just the VC++ part. When I come across that particular error in other application environments, I usually update the .Net Framework as a whole, but to deal with the specific error you really just need the VC++ part.

By the way, if you have a 64 bit installation of Vista, you will find the 64-bit distribution of the VC++ package is a bit better than the 32-bit one that is giving you the problem.

You can also check out this Microsoft kb article on the subject, which includes a downloadable tool which will fix the issue in most cases.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970652
No, really! I am telling the truth, honestly! Look I can prove it, I am a politician! I am as honest as the day is long!
Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving... oh damn, err, that last comment was off the record, right?

mattedcat
12.15.2011 , 05:21 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Erevan_Kindelar View Post
Usually just the VC++ part. When I come across that particular error in other application environments, I usually update the .Net Framework as a whole, but to deal with the specific error you really just need the VC++ part.

By the way, if you have a 64 bit installation of Vista, you will find the 64-bit distribution of the VC++ package is a bit better than the 32-bit one that is giving you the problem.
Sorry man, that's just gone way over my head! What would you suggest I do then? Sorry, this is like the first PC I've bought in about 12 years and I'm a bit useless!

mattedcat
12.15.2011 , 05:24 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Erevan_Kindelar View Post
You can also check out this Microsoft kb article on the subject, which includes a downloadable tool which will fix the issue in most cases.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970652
Tried that already too!

I'm just about ready to smash this thing to bits!

bloobear
12.23.2011 , 11:59 AM | #10
Did you ever get it working?? Cuz im having the same problem