Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher won't patch, or repair

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Launcher won't patch, or repair
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Blavek
01.31.2012 , 10:40 AM | #1
Well, for the last two weeks I've manually patched SWTOR due to the in-capabilities of the launcher. I kinda knew it was gonna happen again this week. Unfortunately I can no longer manually patch so here is my massive launcher log if anyone is out there reading.

After it fails to install 'Main Assets 34' at 69% it comes up with the standard error and then prompts to repair. I click repair, it'll scan in progress, then tell me I have *42* files to repair, yes, 42. I re-installed the game earlier today as I had 12 files to repair then and thought re-installing may be a quicker option. Wrong.

Now I am stuck on '42 files to repair' as it wont even touch the first file. I can post my log but it will most likely be in 2-3 parts as it is that long.

Kindajenin
01.31.2012 , 10:44 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Blavek,

Could you please attempt the following can you rename the launcher file to launcherabc.exe and then run the fixlauncher.exe.

If this does not help then please try deleting the assets_swtor_main.version file and patching again.

Please report back to this thread.
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Blavek
01.31.2012 , 11:41 AM | #3
Thanks very much for your quick reply. Okay so at the moment it has started to repair the first file. At this rate it looks like its gonna take a few days to repair every file, hasn't even got past the first one and the bar is right at the very start.

Heres the log,

Spoiler

Surely repairing 42 files is a little rediculous. Is there a quicker solution?

Levinath
01.31.2012 , 11:59 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Blavek View Post

Surely repairing 42 files is a little rediculous. Is there a quicker solution?
Not if you are going to wait on a Bioware solution....

Darkhims
02.18.2012 , 11:50 AM | #5
i had a similar problem, this latest patch would reach game client 31, 6%, then error, would allow me to repair, finish the repair and would do the same thing over. i ended up reinstalling for it to do the same thing, and then after hours of frustration, shut down my system and network for an entire day. After rebooting and getting everything running, it patched within minutes with no problem, still unsure as to what caused the problem