Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character name change

Roeligan
12.15.2011 , 04:53 AM | #1
Hey guys,

Is it possible to change your char name? really not content with it afterall.. /facepalm.

Leafroy
12.15.2011 , 04:58 AM | #2
Usually if you get a friend to report your name as abusive then a gm will auto change it.. All depends on what your name is really.

Lets hope you havent called yourself cutefluffybunny.

Although you could get your friend to say you was an animal rights activist or something.

Heck knows!
Well tell us what it is (if different to forum account name shown here)
''The troll in this one is strong. Contemplate his words you must!''

Savriel
12.15.2011 , 05:23 AM | #3
Name can be changed as stated above by having it reported as offensive.

If you pay money to transfer server you often get a free name change thrown in. This is in other games not sure if it is possible in SWTOR yet.

Otherwise reroll or somehow get a GM to be buddy with you(sexual favors work sometimes ).

rapperk
01.12.2012 , 12:14 PM | #4
Ive created a new Consulat and called him "Winddu".
After i reached level 20 i thought to my selv "What kind of gay name is this?!"
Is there any possibility that i can change my name by getting one of my friends to report the name for abusing?

ForlornHope
01.12.2012 , 01:05 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by rapperk View Post
Ive created a new Consulat and called him "Winddu".
After i reached level 20 i thought to my selv "What kind of gay name is this?!"
Is there any possibility that i can change my name by getting one of my friends to report the name for abusing?
It's already in violation of naming policy by being a variation of Mace Windu...

Amdramnar
01.12.2012 , 01:05 PM | #6
That should get a name change especially on a RP server. It is usually against the naming rules to name after characters from the genre.

In various super hero games, deriviates of batman, superman, etc usually get changed when reported so a derivative of Mace Windu should as well.

The more people who report it the better. This will show multiple people care as well as may be serviced by several different GMs one of which will change it.
Amdramnar shot first!

rapperk
01.12.2012 , 01:36 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Amdramnar View Post
That should get a name change especially on a RP server. It is usually against the naming rules to name after characters from the genre.

In various super hero games, deriviates of batman, superman, etc usually get changed when reported so a derivative of Mace Windu should as well.

The more people who report it the better. This will show multiple people care as well as may be serviced by several different GMs one of which will change it.
Unfortunatly its not on a RP server... But i hope i can get my name changed though!

rapperk
01.12.2012 , 04:04 PM | #8
How do i report a name anyway?

renegadeimp
01.12.2012 , 04:07 PM | #9
What is with the amount of necro posts lately.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.