Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is a research compound?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
What is a research compound?

Gradivus
01.31.2012 , 10:29 AM | #1
I'm not sure I remember the name right, but I think they were called "research compounds".
I get those from sending my companions on investigation missions. What are they for? The description says they're apparently useful for every profession. I can't see how, though.
Answers much appreciated!

DarthDemens
01.31.2012 , 10:42 AM | #2
Researched Compounds are used for crafting Prototype and Artifact level Armstech.

That's the blue/purple weapons and barrel mods.
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions

Gradivus
01.31.2012 , 11:03 AM | #3
Only for armstech or every profession?

Jerid
01.31.2012 , 11:04 AM | #4
Only for Armstech.
You get them from Investigation Missions

Gradivus
01.31.2012 , 11:21 AM | #5
I see. Thank you for the information!

harvestmeadow
11.05.2013 , 07:59 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerid View Post
Only for Armstech.
You get them from Investigation Missions
Not true, I got 6 from either scavenging or Underworld Trading. Not sure which since I wasn't paying attention.

Found this too: http://swtor.gamepedia.com/Researched_Compound
It says it's used in 3 different crafting areas.

psandak
11.05.2013 , 09:24 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by harvestmeadow View Post
Not true, I got 6 from either scavenging or Underworld Trading. Not sure which since I wasn't paying attention.

Found this too: http://swtor.gamepedia.com/Researched_Compound
It says it's used in 3 different crafting areas.
I have every crew skill: crafting, gathering, and mission. And I can tell you with certainty, that investigation is the ONLY mission skill that generates Research Compounds (Scavenging does have Scavenged Compounds but they are not the same as Researched Compounds; all scavenged compounds are premium/green quality only while researched compounds are prototype/blue or artifact/purple) and that Armstech is the ONLY crafting skill that uses them regularly (there might be a handful of schematics in AM and CT that use Research Compounds, but those are the exception not the rule).

ScarletBlaze
11.05.2013 , 10:40 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
I have every crew skill: crafting, gathering, and mission. And I can tell you with certainty, that investigation is the ONLY mission skill that generates Research Compounds (Scavenging does have Scavenged Compounds but they are not the same as Researched Compounds; all scavenged compounds are premium/green quality only while researched compounds are prototype/blue or artifact/purple) and that Armstech is the ONLY crafting skill that uses them regularly (there might be a handful of schematics in AM and CT that use Research Compounds, but those are the exception not the rule).
This. I have this as well and the only crew skill that generates research compounds is Investigation.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: A Time for Renewal[ https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/sK3jz376Zu8

Fenrishal
01.23.2014 , 09:47 PM | #9
@scarletBlaze Like your Sig And yes Investigation is the skill required. from an old school man

ButeoRegalis
01.28.2014 , 03:43 PM | #10
Technically, you can get the researched compounds from drops out of certain boxes/crates. I have twice pulled up crates with the seeker droid that gave my purple lvl9 RC. Flexicrete? Permasteel? Whatever it's called.