Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So when we get to kill Satele Shan?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
So when we get to kill Satele Shan?

DarkestDaemon
01.31.2012 , 11:18 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDreey View Post
The empire killed Revan, thats more than enough for the republic to kill off every imp.
No we didn't.
"The Force will set me free!"
Darth Tybek Maar, Wraith of Taris
Wraith (The Story of Tybek) - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=246582

Lxkane
01.31.2012 , 11:55 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
You don't understand the theme of balance in Star Wars. The Light Side of the Force is balance. The Dark Side is a parasitic imbalance, a cancer. I'm not making that up. That's Lucas. As for the outcome of the game, well, not to spoil the movies for you, but

Spoiler
And you do realize that the Lightside isn't balanced at all but merely another extreme. There are no jedi without sith and no sith without jedi.

And whenever one wipes out the other their counterpart makes a roaring comeback where the cycle repeats again and again.

BinxDarkstar
01.31.2012 , 12:32 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lxkane View Post
And you do realize that the Lightside isn't balanced at all but merely another extreme. There are no jedi without sith and no sith without jedi.

And whenever one wipes out the other their counterpart makes a roaring comeback where the cycle repeats again and again.
Um... are you actually saying that the CREATOR of the series is wrong? Because he does make the point very clear in his explanation of the Chosen One prophecy. In Lucas' eyes, the Sith were destroyed, and no new Sith Empire was ever going to emerge, because the story is over.

Also, the Light Side and the Jedi are two separate entities. The Jedi TEACHINGS are extremist, but a number of Grey Jedi were very devoted to the Light: Qui-Gon Jinn, Jolee Bindo, and Revan as examples (Jinn and Revan may have still been a part of the Order, but were considered grey because they made no efforts to hide their disagreements with the Jedi Council and even defied them if they believed the Council was wrong)

The Light Side of the Force represents purity and balance, and the Dark Side represents corruption and imbalance, that's just how George Lucas wrote it. If you have a problem with that, take it up with him.

smartalectwo
01.31.2012 , 01:51 PM | #14
We need to hurry up on that killing-the-Emperor thing, so that Malgus can return and take control of the Empire.

Seriously, I'm hoping that's the way it'll go.
There is no try.

HalloWorld
01.31.2012 , 02:10 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by BinxDarkstar View Post
Um... are you actually saying that the CREATOR of the series is wrong? Because he does make the point very clear in his explanation of the Chosen One prophecy. In Lucas' eyes, the Sith were destroyed, and no new Sith Empire was ever going to emerge, because the story is over.

Also, the Light Side and the Jedi are two separate entities. The Jedi TEACHINGS are extremist, but a number of Grey Jedi were very devoted to the Light: Qui-Gon Jinn, Jolee Bindo, and Revan as examples (Jinn and Revan may have still been a part of the Order, but were considered grey because they made no efforts to hide their disagreements with the Jedi Council and even defied them if they believed the Council was wrong)

The Light Side of the Force represents purity and balance, and the Dark Side represents corruption and imbalance, that's just how George Lucas wrote it. If you have a problem with that, take it up with him.
Love is the most powerful force, I call it the Pink side.

terminova
01.31.2012 , 02:12 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDreey View Post
The empire killed Revan, thats more than enough for the republic to kill off every imp.
I'm not sure about that....the Revanites believe that Revan is the Emperor. The last I heard he wandered off past the Outer Rim territories.

LX_Theo
01.31.2012 , 02:14 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Lxkane View Post
Spoiler

So yeah. I want Shan's head on a spit then launched into a sun.
Spoiler

BlackLotus
01.31.2012 , 02:28 PM | #18
Hey leave Satele alone bad enough that Revan was decided to be male. Leave us the powerfull jedi Female figure in SW for once.
"Alone a Jedi is strong. But together we are stronger." ―Master Sazen

Marani:Torment

Nexxa
01.31.2012 , 02:53 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackLotus View Post
Hey leave Satele alone bad enough that Revan was decided to be male. Leave us the powerfull jedi Female figure in SW for once.
I'd prefer better female representation than that loathsome mary sue.
"Here's a free hamburger! Enjoy yourself." "You're being greedy! I want fries too!" Sounds silly doesn't it?

BlackLotus
01.31.2012 , 03:06 PM | #20
Just because she is powerfull or that she can hold her own against Darth Malgus doesn't make her a mary sue. Does she have to be kidnapped and need to be rescued every darn 5 minutes for her not to be considered a mary sue?

these days people threw words around like mary sue/gary stu around without even knowing their proper definitions.
"Alone a Jedi is strong. But together we are stronger." ―Master Sazen

Marani:Torment