Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So when we get to kill Satele Shan?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
So when we get to kill Satele Shan?

Lxkane
01.31.2012 , 10:24 AM | #1
Ever since I saw that cinematic "Hope" with her blocking a lightsaber with her hand I've wanted my character (sith warrior) to put her head on spit.

Spoiler

It's only fair we get kill Satele Shan too. How can you take the imperial iconic paragon character and leave the republic character completely intact. How is that fair? And it completely violates the theme of balance in the Star Wars.

So where's the flashpoint with players finally get to confront Satele Shan? I expect the flashpoint would have to play like a Malestorm prison to The foundry type of angle where repubes help her and imps kill her.

Shane_Novus
01.31.2012 , 10:27 AM | #2
Here here. I've wanted to kill her since Black Talon, that self righteous arrogant *****.

Spoiler

Wolfninjajedi
01.31.2012 , 10:34 AM | #3
Actually the Empire's equivalent would be in this case the Emperor, seeing as he is the leader of the Sith & Empire whereas Shan is leader of the Jedi Order(who want to destroy the sith). Malgus is just some sith lord who went on his own path to create a New Sith Empire.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Dionlight
01.31.2012 , 10:36 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lxkane View Post
Ever since I saw that cinematic "Hope" with her blocking a lightsaber with her hand I've wanted my character (sith warrior) to put her head on spit.

Spoiler

It's only fair we get kill Satele Shan too. How can you take the imperial iconic paragon character and leave the republic character completely intact. How is that fair? And it completely violates the theme of balance in the Star Wars.

So where's the flashpoint with players finally get to confront Satele Shan? I expect the flashpoint would have to play like a Malestorm prison to The foundry type of angle where repubes help her and imps kill her.
As a Light-Sided Sith, I can't let you do that.

At least not kill her like that. She's nice and gave me cookies

DarkestDaemon
01.31.2012 , 10:37 AM | #5
Do remember that Malgus more than likely lives. One rule of... pretty much everything. If the corpse isn't seen (outside of complete and utter vaporization), the person is more than likely alive. We didn't see Malgus die, we saw him fall off an edge... and then nothing.

But I agree, the iconic Imperial characters have either not appeared (Shae) or have been killed off/supposedly killed off (Kilran/Malgus). As it stands, we really only have General Hesker left to us as far as a truly iconic, generally awesome Imperial character goes. Personally would have enjoyed seeing him and Kilran working in tandem.
"The Force will set me free!"
Darth Tybek Maar, Wraith of Taris
Wraith (The Story of Tybek) - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=246582

Lxkane
01.31.2012 , 10:50 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Actually the Empire's equivalent would be in this case the Emperor, seeing as he is the leader of the Sith & Empire whereas Shan is leader of the Jedi Order(who want to destroy the sith). Malgus is just some sith lord who went on his own path to create a New Sith Empire.
Spoiler

So yeah. I want Shan's head on a spit then launched into a sun.

DarthDreey
01.31.2012 , 10:55 AM | #7
The empire killed Revan, thats more than enough for the republic to kill off every imp.

Wolfninjajedi
01.31.2012 , 10:56 AM | #8
Spoiler

So yeah. I want Shan's head on a spit then launched into a sun.
Ok....do you actually kill the emperor?...Now think hard on this, you really believe that a single jedi knight would kill an emperor who is over 1000 years old?....Sure.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Cythereal
01.31.2012 , 10:59 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Ok....do you actually kill the emperor?...Now think hard on this, you really believe that a single jedi knight would kill an emperor who is over 1000 years old?....Sure.
No, you don't. You kill one of his host bodies, but the Emperor recovers from the loss and is doing well.
"That which furthers our purpose is authorized." - Imperial Intelligence, Field Operations Division motto

Uluain
01.31.2012 , 11:12 AM | #10
How can you take the imperial iconic paragon character and leave the republic character completely intact. How is that fair? And it completely violates the theme of balance in the Star Wars.
You don't understand the theme of balance in Star Wars. The Light Side of the Force is balance. The Dark Side is a parasitic imbalance, a cancer. I'm not making that up. That's Lucas. As for the outcome of the game, well, not to spoil the movies for you, but

Spoiler