Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most players suck?

wickedUOF
01.31.2012 , 09:35 AM | #1
Hey I see people screaming all the time about one class or the other needing a buff or a nerf.

To me it seems like most players just are *********** bad at pvp and are blind to it?

I'm not the most experienced SWTOR player, I have one level 50 Juggernaut and a level 11 sniper.
But I've done enough WZ to see alot of crappy players. I'm valour 24 (like I said, not huge exp), and many many times I've done the most damage at the end, sometimes by alot.

I know I'm not even that good because I usually only get like 5-6 medals, sometimes 7, once 9 and other players talk about grabbing 10+ everytime.

I can tell I was in a good WZ pug when I'm mid pack for damage and I still did good dmg with protection, but these aren't very common.

I feel like I stand a good chance against any class out there, even when I can't leap because a sniper is in cover or something.

I hope this post gets alot of views.

TLDR, if you've come here to post for buffs or nerfs, reconsider: you probably aren't trying hard enough or you suck or you should stick to PVE

dcgregorya
01.31.2012 , 10:05 AM | #2
No it boils down to a few things:

1) Commandos and sorcs, pre-50, are absolutely better than GS/marauders/snipers/etc. This has to do with how tech attacks scale with gear compared to ranged attacks and melee attacks.
2) Not enough people have started getting their level 50 purples to understand how gear-reliant level 50 PVP really is. It's not just expertise, there's a world of difference between a columi chest and a level 50 (Corelia) mod'd chest. Like, huge huge difference. Level 50 PVP is totally one sided until you get comparable gear.

These things are hard to explain to people who are used to the bolster system, which is very very good at making low level PVP competitive and skill based. Real skill based PVP at 50 doesn't happen until you're at least full purple, more like full champ with some BM and higher.

Blaaine
01.31.2012 , 10:16 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
No it boils down to a few things:

1) Commandos and sorcs, pre-50, are absolutely better than GS/marauders/snipers/etc. This has to do with how tech attacks scale with gear compared to ranged attacks and melee attacks.
2) Not enough people have started getting their level 50 purples to understand how gear-reliant level 50 PVP really is. It's not just expertise, there's a world of difference between a columi chest and a level 50 (Corelia) mod'd chest. Like, huge huge difference. Level 50 PVP is totally one sided until you get comparable gear.

These things are hard to explain to people who are used to the bolster system, which is very very good at making low level PVP competitive and skill based. Real skill based PVP at 50 doesn't happen until you're at least full purple, more like full champ with some BM and higher.
That depends, but yes a SI or a Sage is easier to excell with compared to a Marauder.. by far. But once a Sage/SI/or dps OPS is fully geared their OP'ness begins to show more. (Like losing half your health from a OPS from stealth while in full PvP gear is BS or a healing sage able to spam Pebble throw which hits for 3k/tick and slows you.)

SW are the most PvP gear dependent class. They are utterly horrible wo/gear. Easily kited and quickly killed, but once a SW is geared they can put up quite a good fight. My Marauder has made the OP'ed classes rethink their class choice. Nothing like a 6k AoE crit to make give a healer a bad day. I target the OP'ed classes and ensure they don't do anything but run in fear and heal themselves the ENTIRE PvP Battle.

You shouldn't be QQ'in about any class until you've played them all to a high lvl.. preferrably lvl 50.

Hansuki
01.31.2012 , 12:09 PM | #4
As an endgame jugg, I WZ just fine in almost full rakata gear. Most people complaining just have bad luck against people playing longer then them. Gear makes a huge difference, as does skill level.

I get 5-10 medals depending on the WZ - more medals if more killing is done, plain and simple. As a tank, your job isnt always to get kills, but objectives, so while you may lose out on medals, as long as your focus is on winning the warzone, you'll come out on top.

Jugg+healer = GG

Especially in huttball.

HarassMe
01.31.2012 , 12:18 PM | #5
i agree with the title.

not going to read the rest.

MeanMartian
01.31.2012 , 12:36 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Blaaine View Post
You shouldn't be QQ'in about any class until you've played them all to a high lvl.. preferrably lvl 50.
It is possible to balance low level PVP better. Harder, but possible and the game will be better for it. No, the best thing that a player can do, when faced with a way to improve the game, is provide a thorough and thoughtful critique of the aspect of the game they feel is wrong. The more details they give, the better the feedback will be.
I don't care what you believe unless you can tell me why you believe it.

Faolon
01.31.2012 , 04:15 PM | #7
Yes.

Well, I retract that answer. I can't say most because I have not met most players. But a seemingly large number of them are very, very, bad at this game.

I think it has to do with two things:
1. Some players are completely new to the MMO experience and thus aren't going to be as good as someone who has played other games like this.
2. Some people are just bad. They don't care about finding out how to better themselves as a player, they don't want to learn from their mistakes. They want the game to be broken down to their level and everyone else made weaker so they can play on an even ground.
"I will show you things... wonderful, terrible things."

LovedEverySecond
01.31.2012 , 10:10 PM | #8
I agree with the OP, but I have to add that in pvp the only ones I see doing seriously crazy over the top damage are SI and Sages, they also can do some crazy high HP healing too.
B A B A Up Down B A Left Right B A Start

QiBao
01.31.2012 , 10:34 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by wickedUOF View Post
I hope this post gets alot of views.
Man, I'm pulling for you. Be like Gingrich: shoot for the moon!
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

dargor-
01.31.2012 , 10:42 PM | #10
Yes OP, you've figured it out, all those people asking for PvE buffs are obviously just bads at PvP.

Your logic is flawless.
Quote: Originally Posted by Creslan
And PVP hardcores are second class citizens. You're like the guest that won't leave and can't take a hint your not wanted so you just hang around making it miserable for everyone else at the party.
Indeed.