Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hey, Republicans, do you know from who our station is nammed ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Hey, Republicans, do you know from who our station is nammed ?

Angedechu
01.30.2012 , 10:25 PM | #1
Zayne Carrick (whose adventures are currently published in KOTOR War, but that's another matter)

Zayne Carrick is one of the most peculiar Jedi in the EU. He is not a very good Jedi skill wise, but he have one skill sorely lacking in others : ability to compromise.

He also have a tendancy to have a very bad timing, leading him to woe the love interests of Darth Malak, for instance.

What made KOTOR comic and Zayne mishaps so amusing, was that the writers build him a crew mimicking exactly the OT Millenium Falcon crew, except with MORE disfonctionnality.

The Jedi : Zayne Carrick, dubbed by his own master ''the galaxy worst padawan ever''. Killed one people in 50 issues-while tackling Mandalorians, Rakghouls, Sith slavers, pirates, and Jedi conspiracies

The Scoundrel : Marn Hieroglyph, professional con man, wanted for dead in several systems because of faulty speeders and the equivalent of telemarketing schemes. Apparently, he is a Casanova on his home planet. He is also a 1-meter tall monkey-like alien.

The Girl : Jarael, a Arkanian Scion cloned from the super awesome Arca Jeth (IE, space elf chick) Unfortunately, is a perfectly normal being pitted against Sith, Jedis assassins and such. Very willing to wear revealing disguises before engaging in various battle sessions (that usually end up with her being captured)

The Sidekick : Hieroglyph's own ''alien with a strange culture that pledged him a life-debt. A Trandoshan ! Unfortunately, this one sucks at firing, at stealing spaceships and operating turrets. He is very good at cleaning and cooking, however, leading ultimately to super scheme to dominate the galaxy from Marn : opening a chain of restaurants.

The Droid : A maniaco-depressive lifter.

KOTOR comic was so much like some earlier Bioware works that I wonder why they did not made at least ONE jedi Carrick like instead of super-heroic Skywalker like

Angedechu
01.30.2012 , 10:45 PM | #2
Ah, come on.

Kubernetic
01.31.2012 , 09:10 AM | #3
Somehwere, in the inky black of the galaxy, Darth Leroy and Darth Mittens are feeling the hairs on the back of their neck twiggle...
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

LoneRebel
01.31.2012 , 09:24 AM | #4
Now just gotta find out who the Imperial Fleet Station is named after...
Those who can, do. Those who can't, QQ.

Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge. Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony. Death, yet the Force.

daoo
01.31.2012 , 10:33 AM | #5
The KOTOR comic is just brilliant, got all the issues and read em every now and then, gives some nice background info on some other lore relevant characters aswell!

ManaaniWanderer
01.31.2012 , 10:38 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LoneRebel View Post
Now just gotta find out who the Imperial Fleet Station is named after...
The Imperial Fleet station is named for the first Grand Moff, the person who created the Imperial Navy as it exists today.
Squadron 11-11-11
----
DDE 7/21/11

Leatherbeak
01.31.2012 , 10:42 AM | #7
LOL and here I thought this was gonna be a political discussion!

So glad I was wrong.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

LoneRebel
01.31.2012 , 10:46 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ManaaniWanderer View Post
The Imperial Fleet station is named for the first Grand Moff, the person who created the Imperial Navy as it exists today.
Oh yeah, Odile Vaiken! He was mentioned Master Gnost-Dural's timeline on this website; I forgot about him.
Those who can, do. Those who can't, QQ.

Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge. Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony. Death, yet the Force.

VanorDM
01.31.2012 , 11:22 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Leatherbeak View Post
LOL and here I thought this was gonna be a political discussion!
Yeah I thought the OP was trying to draw a connection between something in the game and the GOP.

Yukondoit
01.31.2012 , 01:16 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by VanorDM View Post
Yeah I thought the OP was trying to draw a connection between something in the game and the GOP.
Reagan station baby.
"The nine most dangerous words are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"-Ronald Reagan

We all want new playable races. Specifically, we all want Bothans.