Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Telek

Thodra
12.15.2011 , 04:20 AM | #1
I read in the handbook up there, thats telek spec, is the best spikedamage spec.. no sure what spikedamage means. I think it means, telek spec is the best single damage spec?
If it is, is it better that shadow in dps?
So for sage dps, what would you recomend? Telek or balance

Farlit_Morcha
12.15.2011 , 07:12 AM | #2
Not sure about which is better, but spike damage generally refers to large amounts of damage in a short time (with less damage at other times), rather than a consistent amount of damage the whole way through.

It's not necessarly more DPS, but it can have advantages (especailly in PVP situations).
"It pays to be obvious, especially if you have a reputation for subtlety" - Salvor Hardin

Blog: Force Sensitive Druid

Mosjka
12.15.2011 , 07:20 AM | #3
After scouring the forums for information. my thoughts on the telec damage are more like - pew pew lazors glass cannon who cannot take a punch but dishes out loads of damage. Whereas balance does not do massive damage in a short period (spike) but can deal a lot of punishment in the long term.

TLDR: telec - good damage + very nice options for short term burst
balance: dot damage over time (the more time the better damage)

Might not be completely right - but the general idea seems to be.

Leiloni
12.15.2011 , 03:57 PM | #4
I think they'd both be good for DPS and PvP, but the difference seems to be:

Tele: Ability to do a lot of damage in a short amount of time (although can't maintain it). More squishy than Balance, but can take out foes quickly.

Balance: More Damage over Time abilities, but more self healing and control/CC abilities. So will kill slower, but more skills to keep themselves alive or prevent themselves from getting hit.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1753652#edit1753270