Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please make tank stats work in PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please make tank stats work in PVP

Husanak
01.30.2012 , 05:30 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Makar View Post
If they're doing 300k, then they're not wearing tank gear, or not tank specced.
http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...e3fe10fef2df16

There's my fav build right now... your right I'm only 27 points deep into the tank tree... and ya I'm 50/50 tank gear... I carry a shield cause ya it still helps I even hit dark charge when I am fighting a few classes that will hit base attacks when low on power ect. The tank gear I do have has Defense on it... cause yes Defense chance is still a great stat in PvP no matter what anyone says... everything else has crit and surge on it. 200k is a pretty easy number for any class to hit from what I have seen. 300k is doable if you ignore objectives.

Makar
01.30.2012 , 05:31 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...e3fe10fef2df16

There's my fav build right now... your right I'm only 27 points deep into the tank tree... and ya I'm 50/50 tank gear... I carry a shield cause ya it still helps I even hit dark charge when I am fighting a few classes that will hit base attacks when low on power ect. The tank gear I do have has Defense on it... cause yes Defense chance is still a great stat in PvP no matter what anyone says... everything else has crit and surge on it. 200k is a pretty easy number for any class to hit from what I have seen. 300k is doable if you ignore objectives.
200k maybe if you're in BM going against people in Cent or lower....

I get maybe 150k a game on average, and that's as Champ Vs mostly champs.
Squadron 238 Tester

CrunchyGremlin
01.30.2012 , 05:32 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Fdzzaigl View Post
Why not? Because that would add more strategic play to PvP?

Seriously, a whole set of stats have little to no effect and tanks die just as fast as DPS, that does not compute.
just trying to help
Tactics is the word you want

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategy
"In military usage strategy is distinct from tactics, which are concerned with the conduct of an engagement, while strategy is concerned with how different engagements are linked."
I soloed Ilum completing all of the objectives.
30 sentinel ,40 Shadow, 18 Scoundrel
Why cant we win at WZ's Universe at war RPGPVP progression Re-install DX9 for better perf?

Evuke
01.30.2012 , 05:34 PM | #24
/signed, why do they have absorption/defense etc on pvp gear when those stats don't do ANYTHING in pvp.

Makar
01.30.2012 , 05:36 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Evuke View Post
aoe's work best, that way the tank is taking twice the damage.
Say it depends on how many are attacking the tank+healer, and what classes... I've been witha healer that could easily keep up with the weak AoE being thrown at us. Not to mention a lot of AoE is easy to move out of before it goes off(Especially BH/Trooper's delayed mortar/DFA)
Squadron 238 Tester

Rogmar
01.30.2012 , 05:36 PM | #26
The question you should ask is, are tanks bad in PvP? The answer is no. So making stats "work" (ignoring the fact that they already work as intended), would just be a big buff to tanks, and WILL mess with balance.
Picture me Trollin'

Makar
01.30.2012 , 05:38 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Rogmar View Post
The question you should ask is, are tanks bad in PvP? The answer is no. So making stats "work" (ignoring the fact that they already work as intended), would just be a big buff to tanks, and WILL mess with balance.
When people are considered foolish for choosing a set of gear that is specifically designed for them.. I'd say it's not working as intended.
Squadron 238 Tester

Rogmar
01.30.2012 , 05:39 PM | #28
When people are considered foolish for choosing a set of gear that is specifically designed for them.. I'd say it's not working as intended.
Considered foolish by who? Subjective arguments don't make your case.
Picture me Trollin'

Husanak
01.30.2012 , 05:39 PM | #29
200k maybe if you're in BM going against people in Cent or lower....

I get maybe 150k a game on average, and that's as Champ Vs mostly champs.
Honesty its all going to depend on the shock proc. If that sucker procs for you often... yes you will rack up big numbers fast... and no you don't need fancy gear... just STACK surge like crazy. Use a Surge Relic as well... that spec gives you a AUTO crit shock that will hit for 2.5-3k on most non tank classes... so ya pick on the squishy classes... and if you proc your free cool down auto crit shock 3 or 4 times in a row... and if you get really lucky and 2 or 3 of them have the follow up double shock.... yes you will rack up dmg. Don't forget that in that build your crit chance on your melee should be pretty much 40-45% ALL The time thanks too the explosive strikes skill.. shock is auto criting right

With that build 2 pieces of cent gear... and a bunch of PvE gear with purple 50 crit enhancments my thrash will hit for 1100 crits or so on each swing (I would say my avg thrash racks up 1600 or so dmg easy... with the odd one will land both swings and hit for 2200 or so)... and yes it crits all the time... shock is constantly up with an auto crit.

Thash Thrash Shcok Thrash Shock Assassinate... force speed too next squishy looking target. Rinse and Repeat and yes 300k is doable in tank spec.... if you manage your Force Shroud and deflection too avoid Sorc and OP stuns ya you can power through them like nothing.

Sure I'll admit a well played team can shut anyone down... but that is a pretty consistant high dmg tank build.

Makar
01.30.2012 , 05:41 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Honesty its all going to depend on the shock proc. If that sucker procs for you often... yes you will rack up big numbers fast... and no you don't need fancy gear... just STACK surge like crazy. Use a Surge Relic as well... that spec gives you a AUTO crit shock that will hit for 2.5-3k on most non tank classes... so ya pick on the squishy classes... and if you proc your free cool down auto crit shock 3 or 4 times in a row... and if you get really lucky and 2 or 3 of them have the follow up double shock.... yes you will rack up dmg. Don't forget that in that build your crit chance on your melee should be pretty much 40-45% ALL The time thanks too the explosive strikes skill.. shock is auto criting right

With that build 2 pieces of cent gear... and a bunch of PvP gear with purple 50 crit enhancments my thrash will hit for 1100 crits or so on each swing... and yes it crits all the time... shock is constantly up with an auto crit.

Thash Thrash Shcok Thrash Shock Assassinate... force speed too next squishy looking target. Rinse and Repeat and yes 300k is doable in tank spec.... if you manage your Force Shroud and deflection too avoid Sorc and OP stuns ya you can power through them like nothing.

Sure I'll admit a well played team can shut anyone down... but that is a pretty consistant high dmg tank build.
It also seems much like DPS gear.....
Squadron 238 Tester