Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please make tank stats work in PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please make tank stats work in PVP

Zooce
01.30.2012 , 04:42 PM | #1
As has been proved by testing and posted on here before, defense, shield, absorption etc.. the tank stats on tanking armor (including the tanking PVP armor strangely) don't really have an effect in PVP apart from on a minor part of typical DPS (typical higher DPS skills do not pay attention to these stats). This makes it difficult to play a pure tank role in PVP as we're not that much less squishy than any other class. Could I ask that this is looked at? Not wanting to be overpowered, how about they work as just a % of what they would at PVE? Tanks should last a bit longer compared with their non-tank buddies.
Zooce
_______

yukirshiro
01.30.2012 , 04:48 PM | #2
Not until something happens to guard.

Right now PVP "tanking" is all about one passive soul link ability.

As long as Guard exists the way it is tanks can't have significantly move survivability than anyone else.

Makar
01.30.2012 , 04:49 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by yukirshiro View Post

As long as Guard exists the way it is tanks can't have significantly move survivability than anyone else.
Sure they can.
Squadron 238 Tester

Avip
01.30.2012 , 04:51 PM | #4
http://www.torhead.com/ability/dtjFr6u/guard

The defense stats wouldn't even make a difference for guard unless you are being a tard and hitting the tank instead of what he is guarding.

Fdzzaigl
01.30.2012 , 04:52 PM | #5

Why not? Because that would add more strategic play to PvP?

Seriously, a whole set of stats have little to no effect and tanks die just as fast as DPS, that does not compute.

Makar
01.30.2012 , 04:54 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Avip View Post
http://www.torhead.com/ability/dtjFr6u/guard

The defense stats wouldn't even make a difference for guard unless you are being a tard and hitting the tank instead of what he is guarding.
As it stands now, hitting some tanks instead of his guarded player is the better strat. You can burst him down fairly well due to lack of adequate defenses, and eliminate one of them..

Exception is of course if the one's a healer.
Squadron 238 Tester

Taunque
01.30.2012 , 04:58 PM | #7
Guard doesn't mitigate any damage on the tank. 2 dps can still burn down a tank even if the healer manages to get a few heals off between cc's.

The only function Guard serves is that it changes the kill order from "healer-dps-tank" to "tank-healer-dps." Working as intended. Yukishiro simply can't wrap his head around this concept so he goes on an on about it in every thread about Guard. Ignore him.

KiranK
01.30.2012 , 05:03 PM | #8
You're not allowed to have a role AND be a good at it at the same time.
I'm sorry, can you please explain why I can't be good at my role? No one said you HAVE to attack the tank, but even if you did, tanks aren't any harder to kill than a DPS class. Since they can't really shield or block your attacks, you can just burn them down and then attack the target they were guarding. It makes them a meat shield, not an actual tank. Sorry, if you get to be an actual DPS, we should get to be actual tanks too, not just an under DPSed, glorified speed bump.
There's no QQing in baseball.

Dorkfrey
01.30.2012 , 05:06 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
I'm sorry, can you please explain why I can't be good at my role? No one said you HAVE to attack the tank, but even if you did, tanks aren't any harder to kill than a DPS class. Since they can't really shield or block your attacks, you can just burn them down and then attack the target they were guarding. It makes them a meat shield, not an actual tank. Sorry, if you get to be an actual DPS, we should get to be actual tanks too, not just an under DPSed, glorified speed bump.
You can't be good at your role, as you introduced an element of gameplay that idiots can't ignore and tunnel down the healer.

Until they get their muliplier damage - so you take 150% of total damage, and or - some other stupidity that allows them to keep drooling on their keyboard with success... then they will fight their hardest against allowing tanks survival.

Bloodguard
01.30.2012 , 05:09 PM | #10
Same reason ops cannot be good at their role.