Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Artifice - Rare Crystal locations and Guides

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Artifice - Rare Crystal locations and Guides

Flopi
02.01.2012 , 01:50 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Endilix View Post
You'd be hard pressed to get someone to try that and risk a suspension/ban like Catch. Even if it is just to test it, what are you gonna do, tell Bioware it was for great science and hope they don't punish you? :P
Well doing these steps isn't an exploit by any means. Those vendors are intended to be killed. World boss is intended to be killed etc.
<Hüljatud>

starryvacancy
02.01.2012 , 01:56 AM | #102
I can confirm that Gargath drops the +33 Magenta ENDURANCE crystal as well. I think this semi-confirms that if the boss drops magenta patterns, that they can equally drop any of the 3 stats.

Sky_walkerPL
02.01.2012 , 03:16 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Cemellyn View Post
Perhaps, BW could try to change the colour of the cores to add more variety? Like blue saber with glowing red core etc etc..
no way. EVER.
It's not wow where you can make lava monsters because you like to have lava monsters. It's star wars and such BS stands against lore. It's already enough that we have black-core blesphemy.

Meanwhile they didn't added even 1/10th of possible colors of the lightsabers, and you already want "more variety" in a wrong way, huh?
Sky Legacy, Hydian Way
[COLOR="PaleTurquoise"]Proudly contributed to: Color crystalsRE guideDH DB. Created: Imp uniforms list.

Endilix
02.01.2012 , 03:22 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Flopi View Post
Well doing these steps isn't an exploit by any means. Those vendors are intended to be killed. World boss is intended to be killed etc.
Killing the vendors and the world boss is all well and fine, but testing something that Bioware has stated is "not intended" to be done is just asking for trouble. If Catch did it that way, it's all fine and dandy, but that doesn't mean we should go repeating it. I don't want to see anyone else getting in trouble just because Catch did it. if Catch is in the right, that's all well and fine, but let him sort things out with Bioware. We shouldn't all be going to test it and risking our own personal enjoyment with the game just because he did.
"Credits always make my galaxy a better place."
Endilix Lizzon - 50 Bounty Hunter - Mercenary - Zaalbar
Zulee Didier - 42 Jedi Knight - Guardian - Begeren Colony

Cemellyn
02.01.2012 , 04:10 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Sky_walkerPL View Post
no way. EVER.
It's not wow where you can make lava monsters because you like to have lava monsters. It's star wars and such BS stands against lore. It's already enough that we have black-core blesphemy.

Meanwhile they didn't added even 1/10th of possible colors of the lightsabers, and you already want "more variety" in a wrong way, huh?
I'm not sure why you are even comparing it to WoW, but you might want to take a look at this.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darks...8lightsaber%29

So as far as lore goes, Lucas can always retconn earlier lore or expand by adding new lore. If he chooses to do so. Come to think of it, its a make-belief world nothing can be too far-fetched.

I agree that they didn't even use 1/10th of the colours available. But if you think about it theres really isn't alot of colours that are very distinctive from each other aside from the following:

Red/Yellow/Blue/Green/Purple/Orange
Black/White/Grey/Brown
Magenta/Cyan

I could name other colours like scarlet, vermillion, indigo, violet, ochre, lavender but these colours are but spectrums of a distinct colour and not everyone will be able to differentiate it in the game.

Cemellyn
02.01.2012 , 04:22 AM | #106
In regards to the lack of colors, there should be a rainbow saber/bullets and be done with it. That should solve everyone's problem.
A prismatic crystal? I would like this alot

Endilix
02.01.2012 , 06:28 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Cemellyn View Post
A prismatic crystal? I would like this alot
Admittedly, though I'm not sure how exactly it would be implemented, it would be rather neat. Another idea is that it could change colors depending on what direction you're looking at the character. This idea could also work on regular colors. For example having a lightsaber that goes from yellow to orange to red depending on how you look at it.

And if you ask me, a lightsaber that changes shades of color isn't quite as farfetched as a two-tone lightsaber. Think of a diamond. It can reflect different colors depending on how light is shined on it. Well, lightsaber crystals are essentially the same idea, just a lot more direct in the color. Well, what if they weren't so direct and could indeed change color depending on how the light inside the saber projected the blade?

Just food for thought.
"Credits always make my galaxy a better place."
Endilix Lizzon - 50 Bounty Hunter - Mercenary - Zaalbar
Zulee Didier - 42 Jedi Knight - Guardian - Begeren Colony

Trevelyan
02.01.2012 , 08:37 AM | #108
Killing the vendors and the world boss is all well and fine, but testing something that Bioware has stated is "not intended" to be done is just asking for trouble. If Catch did it that way, it's all fine and dandy, but that doesn't mean we should go repeating it. I don't want to see anyone else getting in trouble just because Catch did it. if Catch is in the right, that's all well and fine, but let him sort things out with Bioware. We shouldn't all be going to test it and risking our own personal enjoyment with the game just because he did.
I doubt all he did was kill Gargath with the buff on. There is no way Bioware would suspend you account for killing a mob with a buff anyone can attain in game. There is more to the story that Catch isnt telling us.
Alex|Alexia|Trevelya
::Sith Happens::
Website|SWTOR Thread|Charter

Kinrain
02.01.2012 , 09:58 AM | #109
Not sure if this is a known thing or new but I thought i'd put it out there just in case.

I got an Orange lightsaber crystal from a drop on a Tusken on Tatooine. It was a purple drop (I assume a rare random world drop) but I didn't take screenshots i'm afraid.

It paid for my speeder training and some other stuff 8)
R.I.P . Gone But Not Forgotten
╬╬╬╬╬╣███████████████████████)

OoBuddyoO
02.01.2012 , 01:19 PM | #110
Im glad i checked this out. I hope they put in the white crystal or other colors. I love trying to find them. If anyone is On Saber of Exar Kun and is a color crystal freak like me add me up.
I also found a Big Crystal called Ilum crystal on the map. It was clickable. i clicked on it. it did nothing. The next day i tried to click on it again i was not able too. Not sure if it was a quest for the republic or what. does anyone know?
Sith will take over the Galexy one planet at a time.