Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Advanced Prototype: Issues and Suggestions Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Advanced Prototype: Issues and Suggestions Thread

Turanko
02.21.2012 , 05:12 PM | #21
I really enjoy AP and would love to see it be more in line with other builds.

Free bump.

Dralex 0/13/28 Sith Sorcerer

BCass
02.22.2012 , 07:30 AM | #22
Really nice thread. I agree =]

I play mostly as Prototype as i really want it to work and as my gear gets better im hoping for improvement, i have a fair few rakata bits now rest columi... but then i try Pyro again and i do so much more damage. Makes me sad cos i like the prototype playstyle better.

One main problem is the flamethrower stacks and then use. 5 stacks is alot to get... and then when u use Flamethrower either mob is dead, player moved out or interupts it, boss does knockback or need to run from fire... so in most situations you dont get to use the ability as you would like.

If the Devs just made one change to AP Pt at the moment, please make Flamethrower stacks 3 and channel 1.5sec (same damage ofc) This will let us get it off earlier in our rotation and not suffer so bad when it is interupted or we have to break and run, as most often i only get to channel for about a second before its interupted anyway or i have to run so im not getting the benefit from all the work i have done to get FIVE!! stacks.

Valkyyri
02.22.2012 , 01:16 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Mhak View Post
Recommendation - Make the talent double the width of the cone effect so as to deal with latency issues, and halve the time it takes to cast, making it a 1.5 second channel when fully talented with 5 stacks of the buff. Keep the +50% damage.
How bout make it usable while moving instead, so it fits better to mobile spec?

Blackire
02.24.2012 , 05:02 AM | #24
+1 to that suggestion!
The Farce is strong in this one.

BCass
02.29.2012 , 06:26 PM | #25
Im a big fan of advanced prototype and been playing it most of my time at lvl50. Ive switched to Pyrotech now though... The diffrence in is black and white... Pyro destroys stuff... Proto tickles em. I sugested earlier that Proto needs 3 stacks instead of the current 5 to make it more viable and to be able to use flamthrower more, but i think it needs more than that to compete. Thermal detonator and Railshot can do around 9K plus damage in seconds. My Railshot alone is doing 4.8k quite often vs people in pvp and quite abit more vs mobs. As prototype my biggest hit with immolate was 3.7k then abit of a lackluster 2.2k flameburst.

Lets keep this thread alive and hope changes to Prototype will come with 1.2