Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are people allowed to need on armor they can't use?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Why are people allowed to need on armor they can't use?

KiranK
01.31.2012 , 09:18 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Yetiquette View Post
Once again, this isn't WoW, if you miss is so much, please go back to it ^_^. Also, Companions, as said above many times, and not to mention Mods for your own gear that the armor/wep might have.

There is a group system, people are just to lazy/unaware of it's existence because they are...lazy lol.

How? It seems to work for me...
Your entire argument is "nuh uh!". Typical fan boi response. You'd rather circle jerk to the game than have it fixed so it actually survives and gets bigger. Some community you run.
There's no QQing in baseball.

mightyomouse
01.31.2012 , 09:29 AM | #12
Once again, this isn't WoW, if you miss is so much, please go back to it ^_^. Also, Companions, as said above many times, and not to mention Mods for your own gear that the armor/wep might have.

There is a group system, people are just to lazy/unaware of it's existence because they are...lazy lol.
We know this isn't WoW but that doesn't mean SWTOR should be years behind it. Also, if people aren't using this existing LFG tool obvious something is wrong with it, right?

If you take a moment and think about it, SWTOR doesn't have any system or tools that are developed in the past years for better MMO experience. No LFG tool, no macros, no addons, no guild banks, and so on. And it doesn't matter if some likes them or not, we were all using them. For a Sci-Fi game it sure feels like a gameplay from the past.

Yetiquette
01.31.2012 , 09:56 AM | #13
Quote:
Your entire argument is "nuh uh!". Typical fan boi response. You'd rather circle jerk to the game than have it fixed so it actually survives and gets bigger. Some community you run.
Lol, I really like how you perfectly described your own reply ^_^

Quote: Originally Posted by mightyomouse View Post
We know this isn't WoW but that doesn't mean SWTOR should be years behind it. Also, if people aren't using this existing LFG tool obvious something is wrong with it, right?

If you take a moment and think about it, SWTOR doesn't have any system or tools that are developed in the past years for better MMO experience. No LFG tool, no macros, no addons, no guild banks, and so on. And it doesn't matter if some likes them or not, we were all using them. For a Sci-Fi game it sure feels like a gameplay from the past.

There is one, you speak, like it doesn't exist, but it does. They said they don't want Macro's and I support that decision, from what I've seen from WoW gameplay, they just make things way too easy, it's stupid IMHO. They are adding Guild banks, maybe you should read the patch notes and future updates.

Crowleyz
01.31.2012 , 09:56 AM | #14
Once again, this isn't WoW, if you miss is so much, please go back to it ^_^.
Dear ignorant douche,

All the people that play SWTOR are doing so because they in part do not want to play WoW. I know this is difficult to understand, logic and reasoning are tasks not suited for everyone. Furthermore, comparing a game to a direct competitor, in fact comparing any product to a direct competitor and asking for improvements to bring it up to par, is not a statement that one wishes to own or operate the competing product at all. Quite the contrary, one would not bother making such comparisons if one was not at all interested in continuing to operate the current product that was the basis of the comparison in the first place. While this is by far the most popular arguement in the Fanboi Handbook™, it is highly advised that attempting to maintain individuality and making coherent arguements based on one's own creativity is by far a prefferable solution to following the handbook line by line. That is to say, this arguement is pointless, lazy and does not help improve the game in any way what so ever. If you are indeed happy with your product remaining sub-par compared to the opposing products, one could reasonably argue that you were one of the unfortunates that didn't get handed an appropriate amount of "baggage" when the destination(Earth) was reached. If you wish to redeem yourself, may we suggest showing a certain amount of interest in improving the product for the benefit of current and future customers, so as the product, and in fact the community, can grow and flourish instead of succumbing to a high rate of entropy and decay the likes of similiar products that have been introduced the latest years. Hope this helps, have a pleasant day.

Sincerely,

Disappointed

PS: I am happy to see that a member of the opposition, that is to say, the ninjas, have joined our discussion and uttered his opinions demonstrating his complete lack of any analytical ability what so ever. This only helps further our point and our cause. Thank you.

Erevan_Kindelar
01.31.2012 , 10:03 AM | #15
The Need - Greed - Disassemble - Pass system could be improved immensely, by adding a "Companion" option between Need & Greed, and disabling the "Need" and "Companion" buttons for specific loot drops if they were not relevant for a character or their companion (or if the loot is relevant but the character already has a better piece of equipment).

That would itself produce a ton of QQ on the forums, but it would be much better than the current cluster****.
No, really! I am telling the truth, honestly! Look I can prove it, I am a politician! I am as honest as the day is long!
Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving... oh damn, err, that last comment was off the record, right?

Yetiquette
01.31.2012 , 10:14 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Crowleyz View Post
Dear ignorant douche,

All the people that play SWTOR are doing so because they in part do not want to play WoW. I know this is difficult to understand, logic and reasoning are tasks not suited for everyone. Furthermore, comparing a game to a direct competitor, in fact comparing any product to a direct competitor and asking for improvements to bring it up to par, is not a statement that one wishes to own or operate the competing product at all. Quite the contrary, one would not bother making such comparisons if one was not at all interested in continuing to operate the current product that was the basis of the comparison in the first place. While this is by far the most popular arguement in the Fanboi Handbook™, it is highly advised that attempting to maintain individuality and making coherent arguements based on one's own creativity is by far a prefferable solution to following the handbook line by line. That is to say, this arguement is pointless, lazy and does not help improve the game in any way what so ever. If you are indeed happy with your product remaining sub-par compared to the opposing products, one could reasonably argue that you were one of the unfortunates that didn't get handed an appropriate amount of "baggage" when the destination(Earth) was reached. If you wish to redeem yourself, may we suggest showing a certain amount of interest in improving the product for the benefit of current and future customers, so as the product, and in fact the community, can grow and flourish instead of succumbing to a high rate of entropy and decay the likes of similiar products that have been introduced the latest years. Hope this helps, have a pleasant day.

Sincerely,

Disappointed

PS: I am happy to see that a member of the opposition, that is to say, the ninjas, have joined our discussion and uttered his opinions demonstrating his complete lack of any analytical ability what so ever. This only helps further our point and our cause. Thank you.
Oh dear, looks like I really hit close to home there. Regardless, I'm all for making the game better, Which in my opinion, add ons, and Macros would only decrease gameplay satisfaction. Saying that all people that play SW:TOR play because they don't want to play WoW is an extremely odd statement. Some people still play both, and some play because they want to play SW:TOR not to not play WoW. Anyways, I brought up WoW, because it's getting redundant seeing the ex WoW players compare the two, when they are in fact different games, just because the have the same basic mechanics doesn't mean they should generally be the same gameplay experience, which is what people like you are after. You want it to feel like WoW but not be WoW because you love it but want something different visually after all these years.

Noczod
01.31.2012 , 10:21 AM | #17
Everyone just needs to shut up. Your mad that this game is not wow, when it has been out for a month and wow has been out for years. Seriously shut up your so effin stupid. All you do is cry like little girls when something does not go your way. Grow up man. The game will change after it has been out for a while are they start fixing everything and changing it because there sick of hearing you all cry. I mean your so mad that this game is not wow. God forbid this company mad a new game and not wow with star wars themes. They made an awsome game that is diffrent from WOW. If you dont have people to play with and have to play with random people, you should expect that **** to happen. People might need the gear for another toon they have or for the compaion. Or maybe the just greedy people. Gonna happen when over a million people play the game, there is bound to be some a holes out there. Get over it run the raid again. Join a guild raid with them get some people you have played with before that are cool dudes and play with them. Just stop being a baby and crying on the fourms every time you dont get your way

Baelefor
01.31.2012 , 10:23 AM | #18
I cannot agree with the make it so you cannot roll on items you cannot use. Because in a way they can if they're ripping out the mods. I like that capability. I think it's a shame that they did so over a person who needed it for an upgrade, In which case they should have hit greed while you hit need.

But, unfortunately, that's the risk you take if you don't play with people you know for these things. I would like to think they're the minority. But I don't think that you should restrict the ability to make a profit or use mods out of other armor or equip your companions, because some random dude in your group is an ***.

Master looter does need roll support though.

plass
01.31.2012 , 10:29 AM | #19
companions

raidyr
01.31.2012 , 10:37 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by plass View Post
companions
Simple need/companion need/greed/pass system that has been suggested dozens of times.

Restrict classes that get nothing out of the gear from rolling need. Agents can't need Aim gear, Warriors can't need Willpower gear, etc. Everyone can companion need/greed/pass.