Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are people allowed to need on armor they can't use?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Why are people allowed to need on armor they can't use?

Crowleyz
01.30.2012 , 03:09 PM | #1
See this happen a lot in Flashpoints, people roll on armor which they have absolutely no use for, and claim they are doing it to take the mods out and sell. Or they just say nothing and leave the group instantly.

Why haven't you implemented a failsafe for this? WoW has had this for quite a while, in that game you can't roll on armor types that you can't use. Would it really be that hard to make people unable to roll on need armor that is either an armor type you simply can't use, or it has stats you can't utilize at all.

Please, put an end to this ninja ********. It's really frustrating, it ruins a lot of fun in the game and the latest incident makes me think twice before joining any Flashpoint group.

FrankPowers
01.30.2012 , 03:20 PM | #2
One issue would be that then nobody would be able to roll for gear to their companions. On several occasions Ive done runs where nobody have needed any of the drops for themselves, but for their companions.

Their will always be ppl in multiplayer games that are idiots - and there is no way to get away from that. There is probably several solutions to this problem, but the people who cant be trusted will still try to ruin others gaming experience.
So the best thing one can do is just to ignore them and keep having a blast. After all, it is a game and games are suppose to be fun. Otherwise, whats the point?

Turn-XGundam
01.30.2012 , 03:23 PM | #3
get better people to play honestly
tell the op leader to kick players who that without valid reason immediately.
when i need to for something not for my class i ask people, if they say yes then i need otherwise pass. as a trooper i need smuggler stuff if no1 needs it. then i send to my alt gunslinger.

MrCute
01.30.2012 , 03:41 PM | #4
LOL. I rolled need to gear up my companions.

My party wont need loots anyway coz they are way way higher level than the flashpoints that I am doing. And they dont mind me needing ALL.

KiranK
01.30.2012 , 04:16 PM | #5
Because the loot system is bad. That's the only answer I really have for you. It's to your benefit to only run with people you know. This really limits the amount of group content you can cover, but that's what happens with an incomplete system. You take your chances running with a pug. As long as it's only leveling gear then it's not such a bad thing. You really have to worry if you're pugging for level 50 content, though.
There's no QQing in baseball.

Crowleyz
01.30.2012 , 05:12 PM | #6
Just a horrible, too-easy-to-****-you-over system. I know their chief arguement against this is "play with people you know", but honestly, I like meeting new people in MMO's, and a way to do that is by doing Flashpoints with pugs. I've added a new person to my friends list with every Flashpoint I've done, but when some douchebag decides to ruin that by ninjaing stuff it puts a damper on the mood.

KiranK
01.30.2012 , 05:19 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Crowleyz View Post
Just a horrible, too-easy-to-****-you-over system. I know their chief arguement against this is "play with people you know", but honestly, I like meeting new people in MMO's, and a way to do that is by doing Flashpoints with pugs. I've added a new person to my friends list with every Flashpoint I've done, but when some douchebag decides to ruin that by ninjaing stuff it puts a damper on the mood.
There's a million things wrong with grouping in this game. A few of the big ones are:

1) No LFG system what-so-ever. The whole "/1 LFG!" antic is sorely outdated. It's been years since a game has digressed to that archaic failure of a system. Why Bioware thought it was ok to release the game without any LFG tools of any kind is beyond me.

2) Master looter system is broken. No /roll or /random function. So we set the loot o master looter to prevent ninjaing. How are we supposed to divide it up? Do I tell people to roll a die across their keyboard?

3) In place loot system is ninja friendly. This what you've brought up. You can need on anything, whether you actually need it or not. Hell, I can need on it if I intend to vendor it. You needed that Columi head piece? Sorry, my pockets are more important than your gear progression.

Needless to say, grouping in this game needs some work.
There's no QQing in baseball.

ranlaen
01.30.2012 , 07:06 PM | #8
History of life if people can do something without consequences they will do it.
If no one got arrested for theft then you have everyone mass looting.
Same here they just do it because they are able to .
First it was "companion can use" then it " i can remove the mods" etc.
The looting option in this game are pretty much ancient and needs review.
I expect by 2012 we have a loot option which was easy to tailor to the group need.

Crowleyz
01.31.2012 , 09:05 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
There's a million things wrong with grouping in this game. A few of the big ones are:

1) No LFG system what-so-ever. The whole "/1 LFG!" antic is sorely outdated. It's been years since a game has digressed to that archaic failure of a system. Why Bioware thought it was ok to release the game without any LFG tools of any kind is beyond me.

2) Master looter system is broken. No /roll or /random function. So we set the loot o master looter to prevent ninjaing. How are we supposed to divide it up? Do I tell people to roll a die across their keyboard?

3) In place loot system is ninja friendly. This what you've brought up. You can need on anything, whether you actually need it or not. Hell, I can need on it if I intend to vendor it. You needed that Columi head piece? Sorry, my pockets are more important than your gear progression.

Needless to say, grouping in this game needs some work.
+1 qft

/thread

Yetiquette
01.31.2012 , 09:14 AM | #10
Quote:
WoW has had this for quite a while, in that game you can't roll on armor types that you can't use.
Once again, this isn't WoW, if you miss is so much, please go back to it ^_^. Also, Companions, as said above many times, and not to mention Mods for your own gear that the armor/wep might have.

Quote:
There is a group system, people are just to lazy/unaware of it's existence because they are...lazy lol.

Quote:
Master looter system is broken.
How? It seems to work for me...