Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Amazon delivery and end of EGA

DarkseedPT
12.15.2011 , 04:03 AM | #1
Hi there,

I bought the game through Amazon as soon as pre-order became available.
I checked today what will be the delivery time, and to my disappointment, they say is after 25 of December.
I am already in the game, through Early Game Access, but as far as I know, the pre-order codes will expire at the 19 of December, leaving me out of the game until Amazon order arrives (the product key will be on the game box).

So, I would like to know it there is another way to maintain game active until I receive the game box? Buy gametime? Another temporary product key?

Thanks,
Xampas, a Sith Inquisitor!

Koqo
12.15.2011 , 04:21 AM | #2
Amazon will be delivering the boxes earlier. The dates they gave me was 23-28 Dec and they pulled it back to 21-23 Dec

TheRealMike
12.15.2011 , 04:26 AM | #3
Why don't you buy it from Origin instead? You'll get your Product Code tomorrow.

DarkseedPT
12.15.2011 , 05:15 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealMike View Post
Why don't you buy it from Origin instead? You'll get your Product Code tomorrow.
Because it's cheaper at Amazon Uk. :P

TheRealMike
12.15.2011 , 05:36 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkseedPT View Post
Because it's cheaper at Amazon Uk. :P
Point taken. I prefer to pay some more for an easy mind, though. I don't want to gamble on whether amazon.uk really ships before christmas or not.

Guess it's a trade-off. I wish you luck, though.

publicFunction
12.15.2011 , 05:39 AM | #6
I personally DO NOT trust Amazon as far as I can throw them. I pre-ordered a game and as it became closer and closer to release, I realised that they had not shipped it. I called up Customer service and did a live chat, both said it would arrive in time... Did it?

NO!!! It was 2 days late. Amazon Sucks *** so badly for Pre-Orders, DONT USE THEM.

yahava
12.15.2011 , 06:14 AM | #7
I'm thinking of switching to origin for this reason. Does anyone know if it stuffs up the preorder code if you cancel at amazon? That's the only thing stopping me.

Tiek
12.15.2011 , 06:17 AM | #8
i actually changed my preorder from gamestop to origin some time back, it did not effect my preorder status in any way.

the game key that you will enter from your purchase will dictate what you get in game (i.e dde or ce goodies) and the preorder code really is only there to get you in to ega until the 20th.

tblader
12.15.2011 , 06:20 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by yahava View Post
I'm thinking of switching to origin for this reason. Does anyone know if it stuffs up the preorder code if you cancel at amazon? That's the only thing stopping me.
Nope, also when you purchased from amazon did you actually buy from amazon or another vendor, remember not everthing sold on amazon is from amazon, vendors can list their items on amazon also. So unless it says "fulfillment by amazon" you got a 3rd party vendor that you purchased from that wont get the game till the 20th
JamesT CT-6816 West Texas Squad Leader Star Garrison
Proud Owner of movie accurate ...MK II - ABS Clone Trooper armor ~ $2000, Fiberglass Scout Trooper Armor ~ $1000, ABS Stormtrooper Armor ~ $1500
CE edition? Naw why pay extra for in-game perks when you can be the Imperial

yahava
12.15.2011 , 06:24 AM | #10
Thanks for the replies, might go switch in time for the 16th then!