Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Please add a Deserter debuff!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please add a Deserter debuff!

UnzeroAJ's Avatar


UnzeroAJ
08.26.2017 , 11:46 AM | #21
I can understand the deserter debuff. But the enforcement of ignore working in PvP queues? What if people were to queue up, and then make premades? With a large enough ignore list, it would bring servers like JC to a screeching halt. No one would ever be able to queue because one of the people in the match had them on ignore. It would be abused. Maybe it wouldn't, but smaller servers would definitely feel the impact.

Aikon's Avatar


Aikon
08.26.2017 , 04:02 PM | #22
I'm not a fan of this idea for regs, just because there are too many factors at play (people trying to queue with their friends, people recognizing their team isn't geared at all and wanting to leave, etc. etc.).

For ranked, I think this could be a thing. Say if you leave a ranked match for whatever the reason, you get a debuff that doesn't let you queue for 5 minutes, but the debuff stays on for 1 hour. On top of that you lose rating for that character. If you get in to another ranked match and purposefully leave within that hour debuff, the debuff goes to level 2, which doesn't let you queue for 15 mins, and the debuff re-applies itself from 1 hour to 3. Again, you would lose rating for only that character. Then If you leave a ranked warzone again within that debuff window, then the debuff reapplies again, and the consequences increase.

Maybe at 3 or 4 stacks, then have ranked warzone ratings decrease for the entire account. Of course, there will be folks who have legit issues with their computer and their connections, and what not. But that shouldn't matter because if they have issues for 2 or 3 matches, they should know they need to correct an issue on their end before queuing up again. And it won't entirely solve the problem as I'm sure some people have "dummy" accounts, though I think it still may help.

I don't know if that makes sense, but with something like that in place for ranked, I think it would have some folks hesitate before "win-trading" or whatever kids call it these days.
Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible.
Aykon - Guardian IncredibleJedi on Twitch

thepilk's Avatar


thepilk
08.26.2017 , 07:37 PM | #23
Deserter debuff wouldnt really help.. people would just afk the rest of the warzone instead of quitting, or if debuffed would just swap to alts.

Rather than a debuff for deserters (which does nothing to help the team that is now handicapped) Id rather some kind of "underdog buff" turn on whenever a team has fewer members than the opponent, scaled to how lopsided the teams are, and that evens out then as the numbers balance then goes away whenever the teams are even.
youtube.com/mantapusproductions
CineMoLos.com

cybearr's Avatar


cybearr
08.27.2017 , 02:19 AM | #24
15 min deserter debuff with the ability to be able to publicly promting fellow teammates to vote kick if a player is afk.
AND the ability to pick the wz you want to q for while being able to q for random for extra uc rewards. Pretty much the same what they have in WOW. Not a big fan but the pvp queing system there works well. in this way qs for one wz will come from direct qs the rest of the players can be qd from random so no loss in players qing for a wz
thoughts? Also maybe extra uc reward for the highest objective scores? maybe the top 3 in each team? so ppl will have a reason to keep playing the best they can even if they are about to lose

Stellarcrusade's Avatar


Stellarcrusade
08.29.2017 , 09:58 AM | #25
Before a deserter buff should be implemented ALL of these have to happen:

1.) Each character ability to choose which WZ types to queue for.
2.) Either fix faction imbalance between pub/imp OR make all warzones mixed faction
3.) Premades matched against premades of similar skill level (not as hard as you think).

Do those 3, and deserter flag should be ok.

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
08.29.2017 , 10:37 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by UnzeroAJ View Post
I can understand the deserter debuff. But the enforcement of ignore working in PvP queues? What if people were to queue up, and then make premades? With a large enough ignore list, it would bring servers like JC to a screeching halt. No one would ever be able to queue because one of the people in the match had them on ignore. It would be abused. Maybe it wouldn't, but smaller servers would definitely feel the impact.
Plus people would ignore everyone who beats them

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
08.29.2017 , 10:43 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Stellarcrusade View Post
Before a deserter buff should be implemented ALL of these have to happen:

1.) Each character ability to choose which WZ types to queue for.
2.) Either fix faction imbalance between pub/imp OR make all warzones mixed faction
3.) Premades matched against premades of similar skill level (not as hard as you think).

Do those 3, and deserter flag should be ok.
Definitely no on #1. That is the illusion of choice, the reality is 1-2 maps will "win" and "everyone" will play those, if they are not your choice tough luck, your choice will NEVER POP AGAIN.

#2 will not be an issue if/when they come through with merge or xserver.

#3 can be solved if they do xserver because in that pattern you use per server queues and rotate picking from them. If any group trys to stack the queue they get mixed in with other servers. This pattern also encourages even populations by making large populations wait longer.

If they merge servers its Fked either way, where is that thread about other PvP games anyway?

Stellarcrusade's Avatar


Stellarcrusade
08.30.2017 , 07:35 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
Definitely no on #1. That is the illusion of choice, the reality is 1-2 maps will "win" and "everyone" will play those, if they are not your choice tough luck, your choice will NEVER POP AGAIN.

#2 will not be an issue if/when they come through with merge or xserver.

#3 can be solved if they do xserver because in that pattern you use per server queues and rotate picking from them. If any group trys to stack the queue they get mixed in with other servers. This pattern also encourages even populations by making large populations wait longer.

If they merge servers its Fked either way, where is that thread about other PvP games anyway?
#1: you are wrong, if you read all the pvp thread discussions you'll find there is pleanty of people who love each wartype and hate another, no wartype will get left out of queue. And really, if people are just queueing, and then dropping if they get the wartype they do not want that actually creates a problem of shorting a team, this would remove that problem. Quite frankly there are a couple of wartypes people choose not to play. You cannot force them to, a deserter flag would not, instead you'd have people simply take the flag, and either sit out for 15 mins thus creating less PvP games or switch to an alt or stop queuing all together. Either way without #1 the deserter flag makes PvP queues slow down. If people do not mind waiting a couple mins they will choose to limit to the wartypes they want, if they would rather have faster queues they will NOT limit the wartypes, its their choice. But no matter what you do, you will not force them to play wartypes they do not want. This is a game, people will do what is fun to them.

#2-#3: the only way merges and xserver would fix is if everything merged happens to luckly produce a pool that exactly evens out the situation. This would be extremely unlikely. Harby is large and has an enormous imp imbalance. Cross faction would fix but only if premades were matched properly.

Vember's Avatar


Vember
08.30.2017 , 08:02 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
Definitely no on #1. That is the illusion of choice, the reality is 1-2 maps will "win" and "everyone" will play those, if they are not your choice tough luck, your choice will NEVER POP AGAIN.
I agree to a point, but we should be able to opt out of arenas. It's a completely different format, and I don't want to play them. At all. Never asked for them, don't like them, should be able to avoid them by choice, instead of having to bail and re-queue every time one pops.

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
08.30.2017 , 11:46 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Stellarcrusade View Post
#1: you are wrong....
Your opinion.

I still vote no on #1.