Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please add a Deserter debuff!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please add a Deserter debuff!

Thaladan
08.24.2017 , 02:22 PM | #11
i never desert a huttball, cause it's often fast. (even if more and more rarely interesting sadly)

i only desert alderaan warzone, which is often decided in the first minute and after 5-6 minutes of total waste of time.

and arenas with trollesque matchmaking (and if i queue regs, it's not to play arenas)
Elite warlord sorcerer- sniper - powertech

Banderal
08.24.2017 , 02:59 PM | #12
Holy Necro Batman! Nothing like bring back a thread from 5 years ago!
Ingracious, TheMightyQuinn, Rockin Robin - SS
Slippery When'wet - SF

Ansultares
08.24.2017 , 03:42 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by chriswier View Post
Something needs to be done to penalize players who drop out from re-queueing immediately (or within a few minutes) to get a new match and hopefully something other than Huttball.
Yes, let's implement a deserter debuff, so that instead of leaving a match and soon queuing for another one, the player instead leaves a match, logs out and unsubs.

Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
Nothing like bring back a thread from 5 years ago!
Whoa, I hadn't even noticed. This necro was well played.

Vercundus
08.25.2017 , 06:28 AM | #14
In the meantime, start blocking players who leave the match. You will no longer be able to queue with them, right?
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs

Glower
08.25.2017 , 07:23 AM | #15
Nah.

I almost never leave. But my ****** pug vs double premade... Yeah why are they leaving?? I cannot blame them!

On the other hand i really don't like when players leave with the first signs of losing. Like, our enemy just capped one turret and we have none, or scored one ball, or got one healer vs none, or *please, put some crappy reason here*.

So they leave, sometimes with some crappy comment in the chat (of course! they are the best players in the world ... although they still could not save our game by some unimaginable reason ).

But more then that i hate when players do not leave but just camp at our node from beginning. And deserter debuff will only increase the number of these campers. So why should i stay here? Tell me please.
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"; Summer 2018 PvP changes - finally, Bioware delivers...

Glower
08.25.2017 , 07:26 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Vercundus View Post
In the meantime, start blocking players who leave the match. You will no longer be able to queue with them, right?
It does not work in PvP instances. But you can no longer see what they are writing in the chat. For example
- East 5 HELP!
- dammit you ****, im dying here!!
- /ragequit

SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"; Summer 2018 PvP changes - finally, Bioware delivers...

Vember
08.25.2017 , 08:23 AM | #17
Until I can choose NOT to play Arenas, then no deserter debuff. Do you know how painful it is doing arenas on a PT?

sir_valor
08.25.2017 , 09:04 AM | #18
Necro is over 8000!

UnzeroAJ
08.25.2017 , 02:42 PM | #19
Another thread that had zero effort put into it, with a zero effort necro. You want them to code and implement a deserter debuff. All that will cause is people to drop down from the starting area and /stuck or just let people kill them.

I'd rather they take the time to balance issues than punish the players who don't want to deal with the issues.

AlrikFassbauer
08.26.2017 , 11:18 AM | #20
I'd like to see the ingnore list work in PvP.
But then, what about people "rageignoring" others ?
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.