Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operations auto-assigned loot problems

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Operations auto-assigned loot problems
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

illgot
03.29.2012 , 10:14 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Greyhorse View Post
Okay my guildies and I have had issues with the "auto-assigned loot" in Operations.

1.) No matter what "Looting" setting we use it's "auto assigned" which we really have no problem with except it's assigning loot to players who can't use it and it's BOP while thier are players who could actually use the item so we are unable to trade / assign the loot correctly.

2.) we keep comming across Loot chests that have made the assignments but we are unable to pick-up Loot at all having to move on without taking the Loot.

We have sent in numerous tickets with accurate info ( time/date/operation/chest location..etc. ) with the standard "thankyou for your input - it has been directed to the appropriate department for review, unfortunately we won't be able to respond further, Blah Blah Blah " messages you get on just about all tickets so they can be closed.

How many others have had this issue and has anyone heard anything positive about a fix and/or players recieving the lost loot ? Now never recieving the loot is not an issue as much as a "fix" being installed. It's I guess more of game experience thing.

If this has been posted on earlier I appologize for being repedative but with all the stuff in the Forums these days and a pretty un-functional search engine I figured this is the best way to get a response... thx
We get the same problems with Master Loot. Leader assigns loot, system says loot has been given to X, but sometimes the loot never shows up in their inventory. You can confirm this bug by watching to see if...

"Loot has been given to X"

"X has received Loot"

if both those do not come up, then the person never got the item. It happened 3 times in one SOA run.

RedShirtToo
03.29.2012 , 10:16 AM | #22
Dungeons and Dragons Online has a really nice solution to this looting problem. Essentially, loot is pre-assigned. However, the owner has the option to RE-ASSIGN the loot while it's still in the chest.

So the owner is free to auction up his loot, or reassign it to a guildie in need, or just pick up the loot for himself. No need/greed roll spam.

Maybe the system could be augmented a little bit for SWTOR. Instead of just allowing reassignment to someone, allow the owner to also put the item up for "roll by everyone" or "roll by class".

BlackMink
03.29.2012 , 10:21 AM | #23
Thank you illgot for confirming that problem. I know my raid group can't be the only ones having serious issues with master looter bugging out loot.

We just keep it on Need / Greed. It's not a perfect solution, for reasons I have also explained here, but at least items aren't getting lost.

Hxxr
03.29.2012 , 10:35 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidBass View Post
Good news! We announced at the Guild Summit that we're removing this "pre-destined loot" system from Story difficulty in Game Update 1.2.
Pre-destined loot wasn't the problem. Not being able to pass was.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rtwozero View Post
Just remember that combat logs only state mathamatical facts. They are not rude or arrogant.

skeeterslint
03.29.2012 , 11:54 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by tkinnunzero View Post
Making the loot tradable opens a door for some very nasty bullying. "Give that item to our guild member or you're kicked out of the raid and blacklisted from all future raids with our guild".
Well those sound like the kind of people that you don't really wanna raid with anyway.Think of this if they remove the system all togther whats to stop them from using the master loot system in the same way only assigning loot to guild members and leaving the pickups out in the cold.

StrykerOne
03.29.2012 , 12:35 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Resallaprov View Post
Sounds more like an issue for PUGs than guild runs.
Well, Story mode is designed to be completed by PUGs so that's a problem isn't it? For that matter Hard should be completable by skilled, well geared PUGs (not at first, but once the boss mechanics become common knowledge) too, though it's less of an issue there because a PUG that's coordinated enough to beat a Hard op is probably coordinated enough to use master looter effectively... you usually end up having experienced raid leaders run public raids so they'll know how to handle the loot.

veyl
03.29.2012 , 02:31 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidBass View Post
Good news! We announced at the Guild Summit that we're removing this "pre-destined loot" system from Story difficulty in Game Update 1.2.
You also just removed any reason to Pug raids as well.

Good job.

If you would've listened to the community on this matter, you would've seen from the start (hell, this conversation goes back to beta) to make the loot TRADEABLE to someone within the raid. Now, pugging will return to the old /roll system where you're praying on RNG and possibly going the entire run without receiving a damn thing.

Where's the logic in this?

OmegaMayhem
03.29.2012 , 02:36 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackMink View Post
Every time we've tried to use it, it has bugged out a loot item here and there. The master looter tries to send an item to the person who won the /roll, but it just permanently stays on the corpse or in the chest. This has happened to us both before and after they supposedly 'fixed' master looter. We have lost important Rakata drops that people needed thanks to this broken master looter system. And the CS were unwilling or unable to help.
Our guild figured out what the problem is when this happened to us.

Everyone has to be very close to the master looter to receive the loot handed out.

So next time, have everyone group up next to the master looter and everything will be ok.

Since we started doing this we have had zero problems handing out loot with master looter.

It's a workaround until it gets fixed.

ghettogenius
03.29.2012 , 02:59 PM | #29
Im sorry but Bioware knows jack about MMO grouping dynamics. Once again I will point to DDO which has excellent support for grouping, from building and managing a group to loot distribution.

Peer pressure to pass loot? Please. This isnt 6th grade. Theres even less need to conform to subversive group bullying in an online game than there is in real life where there can be real physical consequences. Just RNG it and put the persons name on the loot. End of story. They decide whether its vendor trash or if they want to pass it to their guildie's companion.
How am I tanking? Holo 1.800.EAT.SITH

illgot
03.29.2012 , 03:13 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by OmegaMayhem View Post
Our guild figured out what the problem is when this happened to us.

Everyone has to be very close to the master looter to receive the loot handed out.

So next time, have everyone group up next to the master looter and everything will be ok.

Since we started doing this we have had zero problems handing out loot with master looter.

It's a workaround until it gets fixed.
nice to know. I do remember this group constantly jumping ahead while loot was being assigned so they could clear trash.