Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Romance leads..to the Dark Side

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Romance leads..to the Dark Side

DragonAgeOrgins
01.30.2012 , 01:20 PM | #1
I just started a Jedi after being bored with running the same mobs/side quest's again for the second time. Thankfully the Republic have a whole new host of missions. I was discouraged to learn that "Romance, attachment" and pretty much all emotion is forbidden. Am I to assume.

if I play a Jedi, I cannot have a romance? many this is why the shrink in republic forces

Qoojo
01.30.2012 , 01:26 PM | #2
The possibility of my SWTOR character never getting "some" was a difficult possibility to overcome when playing the Republic. He is in 12 step program and receiving counseling. His future looks bright if he sticks with it.

This post is Wookie approved and
IEEE 9000 Ewok tested

VanorDM
01.30.2012 , 01:30 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonAgeOrgins View Post
if I play a Jedi, I cannot have a romance?
You can, and you don't have to get DS points to do it. It may be frowned on, but that's not stopped a lot of Jedi from doing it over the years.

Rhysling
01.30.2012 , 01:32 PM | #4
I just started a Jedi after being bored with running the same mobs/side quest's again for the second time. Thankfully the Republic have a whole new host of missions. I was discouraged to learn that "Romance, attachment" and pretty much all emotion is forbidden. Am I to assume.

if I play a Jedi, I cannot have a romance? many this is why the shrink in republic forces
That isn't true. My Jedi Guardian is 10,000 Light and I am following the Romance line with Kira. What you have to do is watch what you are saying. At one point she suggested we go behind the councils back. That would have given me Dark points. I refused and a few options later I got another romance option that didn't give me dark points.

Logiick
01.30.2012 , 01:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by VanorDM View Post
You can, and you don't have to get DS points to do it. It may be frowned on, but that's not stopped a lot of Jedi from doing it over the years.
This.
Honestly, I'm surprised you were even worried about this.

Bioware isn't THAT fail.

DragonAgeOrgins
01.30.2012 , 01:34 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by VanorDM View Post
Isn't it a bit hypocritical? Early in the Jedi Quest line I was faced with

Spoiler

Wager
01.30.2012 , 01:36 PM | #7
Nothing wrong with a couple of Jedi With Benefits keeping things casual.
Join our guild at KorribanCouncil.com - Because the Jedi Order needs more order, and less Jedi
Squadron 1020 / Squadron 367 / Turkey Squadron

Rhysling
01.30.2012 , 01:40 PM | #8
Isn't it a bit hypocritical? Early in the Jedi Quest line I was faced with

Spoiler
Yes but you didn't get the Dark Points because of the romance, you got it because you lied to your Masters after telling them you would find out the truth of the matter.

Winter_rogue
01.30.2012 , 01:43 PM | #9
Just a fyi there is alot of jedi that are married if you read the books , both the old and new republic.

DragonAgeOrgins
01.30.2012 , 01:43 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhysling View Post
Yes but you didn't get the Dark Points because of the romance, you got it because you lied to your Masters after telling them you would find out the truth of the matter.
If the Jedi Master's frowned that deeply on them to ask me to "spy" for them. The logically speaking if I enter into a romance later in the story line would I be open to the same backlash.

And

Spoiler