Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM: Soa - Tank Mind Trapped; Cyclone person targeted by Ball Lightning; etc

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
HM: Soa - Tank Mind Trapped; Cyclone person targeted by Ball Lightning; etc

alexishomer
01.30.2012 , 01:03 PM | #1
+ tank mind-trapped, resulting in boss hitting/killing random peopl

+ person getting cyclone targeted by ball lightning, resulting in an ball lightning killing roaming free

+ Lightning Orbs NOT exploding during phrases interlude - resulting in Orbs Explosions (x3) during 2nd phrase

+ Soa getting hit correctly by pillars in phrase 3, yet still invulnerable to damages

+ random bugs, resulting in people getting rooted, dropped through the floor, out of line of sight, perma trapped in mind trap

Man, it's harder to get pass all those bugs than actually killing the boss.

Fix your game, BioWare.
level 50 operative + armstech... it's like, why am i still here?

anchorhead - awakening - us east - pvp

sneakygriffz
01.30.2012 , 01:10 PM | #2
Yeah, we've also had 5 hours of tries last night and at least 3 were because of the above mentioned bugs.

Most buggy encounter on HM by far.

Kingodin
01.30.2012 , 01:12 PM | #3
I was just going to mention these. So frustrating the damn bugs are their own mechanic to overcome. I can attest to every single bug listed above being an issue.

Players I encourage you to post similar experiences!

DarthBloodloss
01.30.2012 , 01:27 PM | #4
What about:

1) Random deaths in the lava cave
2) The puzzle just randomly having unclickable buttons
3) Soa chamber we wiped and all the sections of the upper floor didn't reset, and we were missing steps on our way down
4) Soa top chamber, you can get mind trapped right before the end of the top phase. People can't free you because they have to drop down. You just get left there to die
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Keii
01.30.2012 , 01:32 PM | #5
Here's a bunch of bugs my guild has encountered during Eternity Vault.
  • After a wipe to Gharj, players will die when running back to the boss...or not running back, such as the mass death happening when we called a night the first time and everyone flew back to the Imperial Fleet only to die upon landing. This looks like it might be fixed in the next patch?
  • During Ancient Pylons, we had both pylons solve row 3 at the same time and the pylons became bugged and would no longer move, making them unsolvable. We were forced to reset the Operation.
  • During the Infernal Council, one of our Marauder's Berserk skill was triggering the 100% reduction debuff. It took 5 resets before we learned this was the culprit.

During Soa...oh my during Soa... He deserves his own list.
  • There's a bug where the cyclone target takes damage in the air during normal mode. Either that or there's a bug where the cyclone target takes no damage. We're not exactly sure which is the intended mechanic here as it happens about half the time one way or another.
  • Sometimes after a wipe the platforms will not fully reset, so there will be platforms missing, thus making the dropping part of the bossfight impossible.
  • If a target is in cyclone as the platforms part begins, it will drop the person to the bottom of the arena. They may or may not be alive when this happens. Again it's about 50/50.
  • During the last phase of the boss, Mind Trap will often target the tank, causing Soa to despawn and forcing the players to Exit Area and start again.
  • Sometimes Soa will die and be unlootable.
  • A bit of a minor bug, there's one bugged power source that exists outside of the actual graphic and can't be killed.

Jest
01.30.2012 , 01:37 PM | #6
During Cyclone, you ARE supposed to take dmg when you hit the walls.

If you're in Cyclone during Phase Change, then you ARE supposed to fall to your death. This is preventable by having DPS slow or stop until the Cyclone target is down.

Everything else is a legit bug though.

Gerudan
01.30.2012 , 01:38 PM | #7
We gave up on him yesterday after 6 or 7 bug wipes with different bugs.

He isn't worth it, hopefully they will patch the most bugs tomorrow.

Keii
01.30.2012 , 01:42 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Gerudan View Post
We gave up on him yesterday after 6 or 7 bug wipes with different bugs.

He isn't worth it, hopefully they will patch the most bugs tomorrow.
The only bug-fix I saw for Eternity Vault was the Gharj bug where you just randomly die running back after a wipe.

sneakygriffz
01.30.2012 , 01:44 PM | #9
And to add one more:

Destroying power sources simultaneously between P1-P2 or P2-P3 will occasionally bug his orb charge stacks resulting in SOA wiping the raid with aoe damage as soon as the phases begin.

We managed to avoid this by ONLY destroying 5 power sources between transitions and ignoring the rest.

Crashmedc
01.30.2012 , 01:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
What about:

1) Random deaths in the lava cave
2) The puzzle just randomly having unclickable buttons
3) Soa chamber we wiped and all the sections of the upper floor didn't reset, and we were missing steps on our way down
4) Soa top chamber, you can get mind trapped right before the end of the top phase. People can't free you because they have to drop down. You just get left there to die
@ #1 - happens all throughout the area... we've had random deaths while landing on the speeder (fast transport) and I had a random death when I tripped off of a short ledge and hit my head on the next rock while walking through the jungle... grrrr

@ #3 - major problems with both first and second destructible floors... instead of completely reseting, one or the other floors would have significant sections missing, forcing us to work with partial floors... it is doable but much more difficult (especially when you're missing half the outer ring); we had better luck with resets if we made sure everyone died instead of "exiting area" but still not perfect