Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Malavai Quinn *SPOILERS*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Malavai Quinn *SPOILERS*

Rotha
01.30.2012 , 12:51 PM | #1
I chose to romance Malavai Quinn, then he turns around and stabs me in the back and tries to kill me on the space station? He's at ~8800 affection and I refuse to talk to him. I just want to throw him out an airlock and use the droid as a healer.

Anyone else want an execute option after this?

Sayc
01.30.2012 , 01:20 PM | #2
yesplz

Rotha
01.30.2012 , 01:26 PM | #3
I'm 100% light side, but I would have taken a dark side hit to kill him right there. Every time I see his quest marker above his head I want to crush his skull.

QuietGoneJinn
01.30.2012 , 03:55 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rotha View Post
I chose to romance Malavai Quinn, then he turns around and stabs me in the back and tries to kill me on the space station? He's at ~8800 affection and I refuse to talk to him. I just want to throw him out an airlock and use the droid as a healer.

Anyone else want an execute option after this?
I liked his betrayal. Showed moxy. Proves he wants to be on the winning side, it's just you have to show him YOUR side is the winner. I finally decided to start equipping and using Quinn after his betrayal.

HBninjaX
01.30.2012 , 04:22 PM | #5
all men betray all lose heart

besides we're sith, we encourage this sort of thing!

Luckmann
01.30.2012 , 04:37 PM | #6
Blame stupid people.

There used to be options to kill or otherwise "lose" companion characters, but because people are complete morons, they didn't expect the game to actually let them do it, so they pressed the choice anyway, and then whined enough at the developers until the option was removed.
Bevier, Knight of the EmpireLord Calypso, EU RP-PvP
WTB Jedi Battlelord's Chestguard, Greaves, Boots & Handgear.

Lesrach
01.30.2012 , 05:15 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Luckmann View Post
Blame stupid people.

There used to be options to kill or otherwise "lose" companion characters, but because people are complete morons, they didn't expect the game to actually let them do it, so they pressed the choice anyway, and then whined enough at the developers until the option was removed.
gotto love this :

Devs had to straighten few rough corners out of the "your actions actually mean something" department.

Thanks for this "nice to know" info.

Vastian
01.30.2012 , 05:33 PM | #8
Funny, the light side people wanted to kill him, the dark side people understood and still wanted to keep him

Here's the thing with having the ability to kill your companions: it screws your crafting. If it wasn't required to have them to do that, then I would have killed Vette soon after she outlived her usefulness, and Quinn during the betrayal (if he can survive a beating from me then he deserves to come back).
-V
Versus Terminus
Dark Side for life

Luckmann
01.30.2012 , 05:52 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Vastian View Post
Funny, the light side people wanted to kill him, the dark side people understood and still wanted to keep him
Well, Lightsiders tend to be big on the whole honor and loyalty thing.

My Jugg is completely Lightside, 10k points by level 40, but as soon as someone betrays me or the Empire, DS, DS, DS, DS, DS. Everyone dies.

Quote: Originally Posted by Vastian View Post
Here's the thing with having the ability to kill your companions: it screws your crafting. If it wasn't required to have them to do that, then I would have killed Vette soon after she outlived her usefulness, and Quinn during the betrayal (if he can survive a beating from me then he deserves to come back).
Of course, it's understandable why you SHOULDN'T kill your companions. But that doesn't excuse taking the option out to do so, just because people are too stupid to handle it. Quite the contrary, I would've liked it to be settled very early on in the game that CHOICES DO MATTER instead, to prevent people from derping around.

It should be clear that when a line says [KILL VETTE], it really does goshdarn kill Vette.

Instead they took the options out because stupid people couldn't handle it. Grand.
Bevier, Knight of the EmpireLord Calypso, EU RP-PvP
WTB Jedi Battlelord's Chestguard, Greaves, Boots & Handgear.

Xargyn
01.30.2012 , 09:24 PM | #10
It's not so much that people were stupid and couldn't handle it. The companions eventually became so important that your character was permanently weakened if you lost one.

Kill a companion or two and you can't craft as fast as other people can. Kill off Quinn and one day when you're doing a group quest with a couple of people and they say "Bring out Quinn, we need a healer here" you have to say "Um... I killed that guy..." and suddenly you're out of the group while they get a replacement warrior.

On a side note, I like how every time I come to the Warrior forum there's a new thread with someone complaining that they couldn't kill Quinn for his betrayal.
CE VIP Remember when this was a big deal?