Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Router Open Ports

Thiella
01.30.2012 , 12:25 PM | #1
I read from Customer service page http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2010 this:

Quote:
How do I configure my Router to let me access Star Wars: The Old Republic?

In order to log into the game, your router needs to have specific ports open for it to work. If these ports are not open this may prevent you from accessing the game successfully.

The port numbers that are required to do this are 8995, 12000-12999 and 20000-30000 (TCP). For specific information on how to open these ports on your particular router, please consult the router product manual or the manufacturer’s website directly.

Because I find hard to believe that I need to open 11.000 ports to run the game, please tell us how many ports this game needs. I don't have the UPnP open at my router I don't want to enable it. Just tell us how many ports need to be open.

Leggomy
01.30.2012 , 01:17 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Thiella View Post
I read from Customer service page http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/2010 this:

Because I find hard to believe that I need to open 11.000 ports to run the game, please tell us how many ports this game needs. I don't have the UPnP open at my router I don't want to enable it. Just tell us how many ports need to be open.
Didnt it just tell you?

Thiella
01.30.2012 , 01:38 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
Didnt it just tell you?

11000 open ports for a game???

Peer torrent programs needs only 1 for many connection. Something similar must be needed for tor. You have to open some at this range. Not all of them. But how many?

Belnick
10.30.2012 , 08:50 AM | #4
well this game have been buggy since i bought it, 1 out of every 15 login works, the other 14 stcuks at loading screen and loading thing in the right continue to spinn forever, something they have not fix and never will fix, why would they bother with giving you correct ports to open ?

sometimes it takes me 2 hours to login, which is pure BS