Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Trade Network on Nar Shadaa, is it only local there?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Galactic Trade Network on Nar Shadaa, is it only local there?

KungFuKennobi
01.30.2012 , 12:00 PM | #1
I noticed yesterday that GTN on Nar Shadaa had almost nothing to sell compared to the Fleet GTN. I just looked into the New Player Guide, it mentions Nar Shadaa has a special status for Items on sale, but it doesn't mention that GTN is not linked to the rest of the Galaxy. It is the only reason I've found to explain why there was nothing on sale compared to all the times i went on GTN before. it only had barely 4 hilts on sale, no Diplomacy items, 8 color crystals, etc. all filters were off. Why???

Is there another reason why there was nothing on sale yesterday on Nar SHadaa GTN?

Darthshnooky
01.30.2012 , 12:17 PM | #2
The Nar Shaddaa GTN is NOT linked to the other ones. However, both factions access the same Nar Shaddaa GTN. So this one allows Imp and Rep players to effectively trade between them. The GTNs on the fleets and capital worlds are not shared between the two factions.

Callo
01.30.2012 , 12:17 PM | #3
It's a neutral Trade Network that is local to Nar Shadaa only. You will notice it is not actually called a Global Trade Network either. The fact that it is local is why it is all but dead, because no one wants to spend the time traveling to Nar Shadaa just to post or to look for something. It's far too much of a hassle that it is not worth the time. The might as well take it out of the game unless they fix it so that it is more accessible. Maybe even put a Hutt Trade Terminal in the fleets? Probly not gonna happen tho...
(▓▓c▓▓o▓▓o▓▓k▓▓i▓▓e▓▓s▓▓▓▓║Σ║╪╟████████╫╢
Some men just want to watch the world burn.

BlackRifle
01.30.2012 , 12:18 PM | #4
The GTN on the moon of Nar Shaddaa is separate on its own. It is a neutral "auction house" run by the Hutts. Because it is isolated and requires a starship to get there, not many players use it on a regular basis. Another reason is because it is not linked to the faction-based GTN.

On a side note, the faction-based Galactic Trade Network isn't really galactic at all. It was nerfed toward the end of beta as all the GTN kiosks were removed from all planets except for each faction's capital planet. The faction-based GTN can be accessed at both the Fleet and your faction's capital planet.

Eternalnight
01.30.2012 , 12:19 PM | #5
There are 3 different GTN

Republic GTN (accessible to republic players only)
Imperial GTN (accessible to imperial players only)
Hutt Cartell GTN (accessible to republic and imperial players)

Obviously people visit Nar Shaddaa less often than they do their fleet, so of course stuff on the Hutt Cartell GTN is going to sell less often than stuff on republic or imperial GTN

dcpDarkMatter
01.30.2012 , 12:20 PM | #6
If I remember correctly, there are three GTNs. One for the Republic, one for the Empire, and the Hutt GTN, which either faction can use.

BlackRifle
01.30.2012 , 12:23 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Callo View Post
because no one wants to spend the time traveling to Nar Shadaa just to post or to look for something. It's far too much of a hassle that it is not worth the time.
Not enough players bother with the faction GTN as well due to its limited accessibility.

Tharag
01.30.2012 , 12:29 PM | #8
check the name again ...

i'm almost positive it says Hutt Trade Network ... not Galactic Trade Network

that should give you some indication of its intended useage.
THE NULLZ LEGACY
Blackmoor, Jedi Sage (50) ... Syndel, Gunslinger (11)
Nonnog, Commando (17) ... Tharag, Jedi Sentinal (11)

KungFuKennobi
01.30.2012 , 12:34 PM | #9
I saw the Hutt Trade Network, near the sith trainers, but i'm pretty positive that i've saw a GTN also, near the republic trainers, but i won't argue to death since i'm not 100% sure, i'll check again tonight.

Thanks for all your help people.

Taren
01.30.2012 , 12:45 PM | #10
Despite the Hutt Trade Network on Nar Shaddaa being a tad out of the way, and more often then not scarce of many items, occasionally you can find a great many deals up for sale.

Often times I take a quick trip to Nar Shaddaa when I am looking for some needed crafting materials. While it's never a sure bet, I can sometimes find some of the things I need at prices far below what I'll find on the Galactic Trade Market on either of the fleets.

If there is something you really need for crafting, it would behoove you to at least check the HTN once in a while since you may get lucky.