Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What does the Empire hope to achieve?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
What does the Empire hope to achieve?

gaskull
02.02.2012 , 04:17 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Mephet View Post
Lots of good points in here.

I would also like to add that the Sith of this era are often the result of generations of their lifestyle. They only know hatred, cruelty, and one way to power.

If you had never known anything else, I do not find it that hard to believe that that is the right way.

Personally, I love the empire. It's different. Yeah, compared to our modern world ideas, they are evil... But this is a galaxy far, far away :P
Agreed
THE-KĀLI-CLAN/LEGACY
ReyejaRai'omRystayaGrivainth
Pasjjaya Yjassath
Rehl'anoe Or'ishan

gaskull
02.02.2012 , 04:22 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Cythereal View Post
Mind, a lot of Imperial citizens do have a legitimate beef with the Republic. They want to reclaim territory they lost in the Great Hyperspace War. They want to bring the Jedi and Republic to account for their war crimes. They know that the Republic and Jedi consider the Empire's very existence a threat and want to live in a galaxy without being afraid of Republic offensives and covert strikes (which were happening post-Treaty).

Play Republic-side and you will see that the Republic is inefficient, corrupt, and generally ineffectual at keeping order on its own worlds. To some, the loyalty, efficiency, and security of the Empire outweighs the capricious and sometimes insane Sith overlords who, realistically, don't involve themselves much with the common citizens.
Indeed
THE-KĀLI-CLAN/LEGACY
ReyejaRai'omRystayaGrivainth
Pasjjaya Yjassath
Rehl'anoe Or'ishan