Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What does the Empire hope to achieve?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
What does the Empire hope to achieve?

AngelousWang
01.30.2012 , 01:44 PM | #11
Sith Goals:

Complete Galactic Domination (every lifeform in the galaxy under Sith command).

Complete Destruction of the Jedi Order.

Imperial goals:

Do what the Sith say so they don't get killed by them.
CE VIP

darthkargtor
01.30.2012 , 01:56 PM | #12
The sith empire has been maniplualted since it began for one puspose to hault the republic off long enough so the emperor can finish his own goals.

The sith try to fight for control over an ever changing power sturggle

and the people of the imperal machine want revenge on the republic who have committed more attrosties in the war than the entire empire during its entire life span

The imperial army wants nothing more than to show the republic for what it realy is but also some people within the imperial army want respect from the sith.
There is no Dark their is no light There is no grey There is only you.the force does not corrupt you, you corrupt yourself
Your actions shape you, the force simply reveals your true nature,One does not die, the force embraces you

AscendantOps
01.30.2012 , 02:03 PM | #13
Avenge the defeat suffered at the end of the Great Hyperspace War and achieve galactic domination.

As for the Emperor, he wants to achieve "ascendance."

VanorDM
01.30.2012 , 02:16 PM | #14
Started reading the SWTOR novels, and so far I think they're fairly good. Not the best thing I've read but not the worse by any means

In Deceived, Darth Malgus believes that the whole point of everything is greater understanding of the Force. War, combat, life, ect... Everything has to do with a gaining greater understanding of the Force.

He went to war, and fights Jedi, not so much out of hate of the Jedi or even what they believe, even though they are wrong in his mind in their understanding of the force.

But rather because though warfare and chaos a greater understanding of the Force is achieved.

Minor spoiler from the Jedi Knight story line.

Spoiler

Mephet
01.30.2012 , 02:30 PM | #15
Lots of good points in here.

I would also like to add that the Sith of this era are often the result of generations of their lifestyle. They only know hatred, cruelty, and one way to power.

If you had never known anything else, I do not find it that hard to believe that that is the right way.

Personally, I love the empire. It's different. Yeah, compared to our modern world ideas, they are evil... But this is a galaxy far, far away :P

Zantul
01.30.2012 , 03:07 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Cythereal View Post
They're here to avenge the attempted genocide of their people and demonstrate their own superiority over the Republic and the Jedi. They're an abused victim turned an abuser themselves, seeking to do to another what that other once did to them.
And thats the truth.
It is better to be feared than loved. Love is like a chain of obligation, and because man is sadly wicked it is broken at every opportunity to serve self interest. However fear is maintained by the dread of punishment which never abandons you.
Darth Venger Prophecy of the 5

OldVengeance
01.30.2012 , 04:00 PM | #17
The sith were always the bad guys. They attacked the Republic first in the Great Hyperspace War and now they want revenge. They were never the victims.

Cythereal
01.30.2012 , 04:04 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
The sith were always the bad guys. They attacked the Republic first in the Great Hyperspace War and now they want revenge. They were never the victims.
There is such a thing as going too far. The Jedi and Republic did go too far. Victory does not mean attempting genocide.
"That which furthers our purpose is authorized." - Imperial Intelligence, Field Operations Division motto

Kaskava
01.30.2012 , 04:05 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Satori- View Post
I made a Sith Inquisitor recently and it dawned on me that the various factions of the empire (expecially the sith) are really quite evil. What lore wise to they hope to achieve? They want to destroy the Republic clearly but why? Do they have an ultimately good goal of bringing prosperity to the people of the empire or do they just invade every planet and enslave the people there? Are all the sith's (class) just murderous, power hungry, selfish beings?
To quote Teen Titans (the TV series), the Emperor:

Comes to claim,
Comes to Sire,
The end of all things mortal.

Beyond that, most of the Sith have their own motivations for things. Some seek the destruction of the Jedi Order for what happened at the end of the Great Hyperspace War, others just want to destroy things, some think they're doing the galaxy a favor by restoring true order to things.
This just in: Expanding on an ending no one likes is not improving said ending. A polished turd is still a turd.

OldVengeance
01.30.2012 , 04:43 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Cythereal View Post
There is such a thing as going too far. The Jedi and Republic did go too far. Victory does not mean attempting genocide.
Well maybe, but they were still always the bad guys from the start, not an abuse victim turned abuser.