Just dinged 50. Gear... um... wow.

slonep

So lemme get this straight. I was lvling up. Playing both PvE and PvP. I was doing pretty well in PVP. Def holding my own. Dinged 50 and went into a WZ. SLAM! BLAM! BLAST! POW! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

So.

I'm just supposed to get crushed for a while until I slowly gear up over a couple hundred games?

Really?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So lemme get this straight. I was lvling up. Playing both PvE and PvP. I was doing pretty well in PVP. Def holding my own. Dinged 50 and went into a WZ. SLAM! BLAM! BLAST! POW! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

So.

I'm just supposed to get crushed for a while until I slowly gear up over a couple hundred games?

Really?

Yep, think of yourself as a level 10 entering the 10-49 bracket.

Really?

Depends on luck, few hundreds more or less... or... reroll to a new alt and conitue enojoing 10-49 PvP bracket :). You are not alone in this decision.

Edited by Wikar

So.

Really?

And hope youre not republic, it takes them twice as long to get gear.

Depends on luck, few hundreds more or less... or... reroll to a new alt and conitue enojoing 10-49 PvP bracket :). You are not alone in this decision.

Should have been in the first wave of exploiters!

Definition of Hardcore:

"Play 24/7 from day 1 to beat the rush to cap, exploit before exploits are fixed and destroy lesser geared, lesser leveled players with no equal competition. To always stay ahead of the curve for fear of equality. To inflate one's epeen."

Pretty sure that is the new official definition. Every single player in our guild is/was having a blast from level 1-49. At 50 everyone's enjoyment has diminished dramatically. All but 2 players are no rolling alt's. My main is stopped just before 50 since first week of January. All I do now is farm mats, craft for alts and do pre-50 pvp ... because it is damn fun now and even lower level well geared players can compete due to bolster.

Bioware dropped the ball on pvp. It should be a stock car race. Equality is what makes good sport. Throwing in Indycar against local Go Carts isn't a sport ... it is a slaughter.

Welcome to today's modern mmo. Enjoy your stay.

Edited by Tamanous

I'm just curious. Aren't fresh 85 players in WoW forced to go through this exact same gear grind? They obviously aren't going to have anywhere near as much as Resilience (the Expertise equivalent stat) as other 85s do so aren't they going through the same process of getting destroyed BG after BG until they slowly get gear and gain resilience? I realize that with Arena being available in WoW, full PvP geared 85s may not do BGs as much as full PvP geared players in SWToR (since there's no rated WZ or Arena) but nonetheless, fresh 85s will, for the most part, be playing against PvP geared opponents.

Are WoW players complaining about this as well? I'm honestly curious.

And yes, I am aware of the differences of Resilience and Expertise and understand that Expertise is far more "potent" than Resilience due to the increase in damage and healing as well. I know that this makes the grind in SWToR even worse.

Edited by copasetic

Get valor 60, then just do your dailies and weeklies until you have competitive gear for your server. Spend the rest of the time enjoying more balanced PvP with an alt.

I'm not knocking L50 PvP - it's important to play at a disadvantage against advanced competition, it makes you a better player. It's just easy to get discouraged and flame out.

So.

Really?

Wait for it. The folks that powered to 50 and are now Battlemaster will tell you it is about skill, and you just are not good. It has nothing to do about being able to play many hours due to little real life responsibilities, and get gear advantage. That is never the case.

I'm just curious. Aren't fresh 85 players in WoW forced to go through this exact same gear grind? They obviously aren't going to have anywhere near as much as Resilience (the Expertise equivalent stat) as other 85s do so aren't they going through the same process of getting destroyed BG after BG until they slowly get gear and gain resilience? I realize that with Arena being available in WoW, full PvP geared 85s may not do BGs as much as full PvP geared players in SWToR (since there's no rated WZ or Arena) but nonetheless, fresh 85s will, for the most part, be playing against PvP geared opponents.

And yes, I am aware of the differences of Resilience and Expertise and understand that Expertise is far more "potent" than Resilience due to the increase in damage and healing as well. I know that this makes the grind in SWToR even worse.

Same situation in wow, except you can get some crap starter pvp gear. As for the complaining? It isn't about getting crushed by geared 85s.

Definition of Hardcore:

"Play 24/7 from day 1 to beat the rush to cap, exploit before exploits are fixed and destroy lesser geared, lesser leveled players with no equal competition. To always stay ahead of the curve for fear of equality. To inflate one's epeen."

Pretty sure that is the new official definition.

I was missed the way of Ilum fail-first-day farming so im in a "dead meat" squadron atm serving all cool dark-red guys a 5k medals all over the day *snif*

Just watched as my borther valor level up-ed almost every 5-10 minuts, he was smart enouch to get one toon at 50 lvl asap :(

Sadly yes.

I have been a 50 for about 3 weeks now and this was true even then. No expertise means multiple trips to the spawn area.

But in a way, your group of new 50s have it easier. You have a completely new Ilum PVP design which (when it works) gives you valor like it is candy. Get a full OPS from both sides duking it out and the valor rolls in like waves on the beach.

If your team holds the entire Ilum battle sites, you can get 20 valor / kill plus an additional 180 valor / kill. Even with only a percentage of the kills falling your way, the valor increase is crazy and it far exceeds what you can get in any warzone.

About the best you can hope for in an hour of warzones is 10k valor (assuming you do extremely well and win all matches). Both are quite unlikely and your actual valor numbers will be closer to 3500 to 5500 valor / hour.

With full OPS groups fighting ... you can get 5500 valor sitting on your head.

So what is the point of all this?

1. You can get a full set of Ilum dailies and weeklies done in a small percentage of time.

2. You can hit valor rank 60 quickly and get access to Battlemaster gear in a percentage of time it took the guys who paved the path before you.

Does this help with getting your bags?

No it doesn't. But getting bags is not everything either. Far more bags come up empty than not.

But sometimes you can psych people out to. Hit 60, put the battlemaster title on your toon and see how many people get out of your way in warzones. When people see names like "Flyboy" in a person's name, they automatically assume they suck. But put a high level PVP title up and people treat you like you are the wrath of god - even if you have the combat abilities of a wet noodle.

Edited by ForceWelder

Actually, resilience and expertise are similar comparison in regards to the mechanics of the game in which they are in. Frankly, people are full of crap. the old brackets had lvl 50s DESTROYING 10-50 rather then just 50s and that was ridiculous. People want to prey on less capable players all the time.

and frankly, you can be 1000, 1000 and hold 1 champion gear bag befor 50. so thats a total of 6 bags befor 50. your odds are a stretch but its a start. Even in wow the lvl 50 pvp blues are a joke, and ridiculously expensive at that.

and really the loot bag system isnt that different than wows honor/conquest system when it comes to time. the time it takes to get a full set in wow of pvp epics is relatively the same as in tor. the means are different yes, and people use that as a reason to QQ and complain b/c they mask the logic.

new 50s in the 50 brackets is somethingt hat will happen for ever, sure they can add a new set but it will always be lesser and will always be trumped by the higher end stuff.

they sure *** hell dont need to put 50s back in 10-50. i see ZERO reasonable excuse for that.

The expertise is not bad, it is just as it is supposed to be (giving the geared people a advantage) but the horrible, horrible reward system, bugged daily/weekly quests and the Absolute Lack of Any kind of incentive to actually playing endgame makes this game.. well let's just say it's gamebreaking! I enjoyed the hell out of 1-49 PvP and the leveling. But the second I reached 50 ALL incentive vanished, there is Noothing to look forward too, I logged off in under 2hrs and haven't logged back in.

Some real sorry nerds will counter it by saying "just roll an alt" but..really? Rinse and repeat isn't the answer! I want to keep progressing my char, not make new ones over and over again.

Well done, well done.

Definition of Hardcore:

Pretty sure that is the new official definition.

Oh, i thought it was just friends grouping together to have fun.

Ya one of these mmos have really got to step outside this horrible formula.

I think Bioware is right to make the PvP progression at 50 a difficult one. For hardcore PvPers there is something satisfying about the random bag and valour system.

Longer term I think if Bioware are aiming for bracketed and cross-realm PvP in months time then we are talking the solution to your problem. You enter at the base pool and work up. For now, though, it isn't a huge problem. There aren't many players walking around in full Battlemaster PvP gear, so as soon as you start to get a few champion/centurion pieces and round out with your PvE gear it won't seem so bad.

Actually, resilience and expertise are similar comparison in regards to the mechanics of the game in which they are in. Frankly, people are full of crap. the old brackets had lvl 50s DESTROYING 10-50 rather then just 50s and that was ridiculous. People want to prey on less capable players all the time.

and frankly, you can be 1000, 1000 and hold 1 champion gear bag befor 50. so thats a total of 6 bags befor 50. your odds are a stretch but its a start. Even in wow the lvl 50 pvp blues are a joke, and ridiculously expensive at that.

and really the loot bag system isnt that different than wows honor/conquest system when it comes to time. the time it takes to get a full set in wow of pvp epics is relatively the same as in tor. the means are different yes, and people use that as a reason to QQ and complain b/c they mask the logic.

new 50s in the 50 brackets is somethingt hat will happen for ever, sure they can add a new set but it will always be lesser and will always be trumped by the higher end stuff.

they sure *** hell dont need to put 50s back in 10-50. i see ZERO reasonable excuse for that.

One other thing I would like to add to this line of thought.

Even if Bioware released a welfare set of pvp gear, it would still likely cost a fortune to get. And how many new level 50s are millionaires? The training alone at 50 will put you back around 420k.

Most new 50s are likely going to be flat broke or close to it.

So then the new 50s would complain because the gear is too expensive and they still are getting rocked in warzones.

I would disagree with your final conclusion on Expertise versus Resilience... When you get a target with no resilience in WoW there is nothing they can do to defend themselves; after all it is inherently a defensive stat.

I will concede that being a 0 Expertise healer is probably the most miserable position ever created as you suffer from a 30% healing debuff while being damaged 12-13% more by geared players.

lvl 50 battlemaster here

its not really fair to say that all the battlemasters exploited there way to 60. I cant speak for all of them, But i had to do all my valor in a the wz, and thats what 1100V every 15-20min or so. Not saying i work'd really HARD, but winning is NOT EASY as a republic player, and to progress at a decent speed, you must win.

As a shadow, i have to bust my *** to get things done and theres alot more use for us on the battlefield than just fighting. Some may never consider a video game as work, but to b good, you must work at it .

Edited by SirGusto