Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Well, I'm out of answers ....

Zepath
12.15.2011 , 03:41 AM | #1
I can't keep this client running more than about 30m before it just dumps me to windows or goes to a black screen.

I am on the lower end of gear scale but I meet all the requirements they list, and I have my graphics turned down on EVERYTHING ... there isn't a single option, include the grass and tree sliders that can be turned any lower.

My drivers are all up to date. My PC has no history of problems (I run WoW out the butt with no problems including 25 man raids, Team Fortress 2, Total War : Shogun 2, Dawn of Discovery ... no problems). I'm all defragged, and my temps are fine.

What's crazy is ... on the 13th I started playing at 6:45 PST ... played all day with no problems till around 4 pm PST ... then everything started going to hell. I couldn't stay in the game more than 15 minutes (usually 5) grouped on Hutta without crashing and getting a windows debug dump, freezing, or CTD.

I -think- its a garbage collection issue ... because I can slowly watch it go to hell. First I start seeing that green "place-holder" texture. Then textures will start disappearing on mobs and NPCs. Then the light sources in the conversations start disappearing (just black textures). Then I start talking to invisible people, then we lose sound in the conversations.

Finally, it just CTDs ... cleanly usually, but sometimes leaving my desktop in 640x480 and depth of 2. LMAO.

So then I reboot, start all over, rinse and repeat. Sometimes I can get a whole hour ... but usually about 20m. Hell, tonight, I logged in, killed two mobs, and when I went to loot the second mob it CTD ... I was out in the middle of nowhere, and I didn't even see any players around me. Another time, I logged in, sent my Companion on a crafting mission, BAM! Everything went black ... I had to cold boot.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm open for suggestions.

Spoiler
Time you spend judging others should be spent on introspection as to why you feel its your place to judge. Unless you're paying for the product and the vendor is not delivering!!!!!

commandoExo
12.15.2011 , 03:45 AM | #2
well from your specs' it seems you need to up date your direct-x version to 10 or 11 at least.
and maybe add in more ram. at least another 1gb of ram.
check your motherboard to see if you got a open ram slot to add another ram chip.

small tip:
when it comes to apps and games and smooth operations OS side.
it's best to have your ram slot's maxed out,.. it gives extra bandwidth and processing speed to your system.
and you be able to multi task allot more and easier too.
and helps with less windows errors and games crashing as well too.
and helps speeds up games and apps processing times.
plus the more ram you have on board the less stress your cpu has to work.
Beta tester
DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION OWNER.

Sendai_S
12.15.2011 , 03:47 AM | #3
If you have another Video Card you could try that too. Sounds like your ATI might have hit it's melting point.
---
Griefing doesn't make you cool. It doesn't make you better player. All it does is tell the rest of the world that you are not someone worth knowing.

NervZero
12.15.2011 , 03:48 AM | #4
^ yea what they said but is your computer hot? If so box fan... LOL...

Zepath
12.15.2011 , 03:50 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by commandoExo View Post
well from your specs' it seems you need to up date your direct-x version to 10 or 11 at least.
and maybe add in more ram. at least another 1gb of ram.
check your motherboard to see if you got a open ram slot to add another ram chip.
DirectX 10 or 11 for Win XP?????
Time you spend judging others should be spent on introspection as to why you feel its your place to judge. Unless you're paying for the product and the vendor is not delivering!!!!!

Zepath
12.15.2011 , 03:50 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by NervZero View Post
^ yea what they said but is your computer hot? If so box fan... LOL...
Nah, I'm not hot at all ...