Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Space Lasers vs Color Crystals

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Space Lasers vs Color Crystals

StealthNerf
01.30.2012 , 02:42 PM | #11
Stop debating and watch the films.

This isn't a bug: WTFF.

Daellia
01.30.2012 , 04:42 PM | #12
Quote:
These synthetic crystals served just as well, the only difference is they couldn't make any other color than red. Hence, the red lightsabers.
Incorrect. The can easily be made in other colors (for example, Luke's green saber uses a synthetic crystal). However, if steps to create a certain color were not taken, they tended to naturally have a red coloration. It was laziness rather than inability that caused the rash of red sabers.
Even Angels must kill from time to time... ~Kaedis

Mapex
01.30.2012 , 06:37 PM | #13
The core issue is that the current alignment restrictions on the crystals only makes sense for Force users and only in the case of blue do they make sense for Tech users.

Dark sided Tech users should be restricted from using Blue and Red crystals and Light sided Tech users should be restricted from using Green crystals.
Streamlining Cover to be More User-Friendly and Intuitive
Improving the Adv. Prototype/Tactics Tree
Imperial: Mapex (PT) | Jerro (Sorcerer) | Khallus (SM) | Vinegarstrokes (Operative)
Republic: Mapekz (GS) | Khallas (JG) | Ammon (Shadow) | Bobbumman (Commando)

Desdecardo
01.30.2012 , 07:19 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Phunkmonkee View Post
Generally speaking; Red lightsabers are associated with the Dark Side. Green and Blue represent the Light Side.

Yet in space, all the bad dudes are shooting green lasers at my face and I return fire with Red lasers....

Why is this?
Not for blasters, just for light sabers. Han Solo had a blaster that fired red. Tie Fighters green (there is lore behind that). Etc.
Never Forget 9/29/11

Sabster
01.30.2012 , 07:32 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by sol_ View Post
A Star Destroyer shooting red lasers would look plain wrong! It's just always been green.
In 3000 years - you'll have a point. Until then, you don't.

Sabster
01.30.2012 , 07:36 PM | #16
Btw, regarding lightsaber crystals. GL at one point said there are no 'colored crystals' - when you create your lightsaber, it manifests itself. A person that uses the dark side would end up with red (anger, hatred) and everyone else would end up with blue (loyalty, calm) or green (I can't remember what he said here...)

That got changed later on after he started working on Empire - but pre-EU; that was the case...

PrometheusDarko
02.06.2013 , 03:46 PM | #17
If you think of lasers as what they are, the green spectrum is much more powerful than the red spectrum. Now think about the resources available, the Empire is a sprawling autocracy with massive resources available, versus the Republics lack of resources and necessary hand-me-down equipment. The empire is likely using more powerful equipment. Also, could just be that depending upon manufacturer, planet of origin, etc. different components are used.

As far as lightsabers go, I believe it's been explained.
For the empire!

Zaxem
02.06.2013 , 03:56 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Mapex View Post
The core issue is that the current alignment restrictions on the crystals only makes sense for Force users and only in the case of blue do they make sense for Tech users.

Dark sided Tech users should be restricted from using Blue and Red crystals and Light sided Tech users should be restricted from using Green crystals.
clone troops had blue blaster bolts and probally a few other characters with blasters so blue does make sense for tech users and Dark side troops mainly uses red blaster bolts imo color doesn't matter when it comes down to the weapon for tech users but i will agree on the ships dark side should be green and light should be red
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

JediMB
02.06.2013 , 04:15 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabster View Post
Btw, regarding lightsaber crystals. GL at one point said there are no 'colored crystals' - when you create your lightsaber, it manifests itself. A person that uses the dark side would end up with red (anger, hatred) and everyone else would end up with blue (loyalty, calm) or green (I can't remember what he said here...)

That got changed later on after he started working on Empire - but pre-EU; that was the case...
That's pretty much what he established in Clone Wars too.

Personally I prefer the old EU explanation.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

Zardac_the_Great
02.06.2013 , 04:18 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Mapex View Post

...Why? None of this makes sense to me...