Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

8 man vs 16 man, wth Bioware?

Psyclosis
01.30.2012 , 08:25 AM | #1
Why is it that the same loot drops in 8 mans as 16 mans, yet the 16 mans are easily 3 times harder? This goes for both normal and hard modes.

What incentive are you giving people to run 16 mans exactly? We can walk through the 8 mans on both difficulty, but when it comes to 16 man hardmode its a different story.

as a guild we would like to raid together as 16, but really, why when 8 man is so much easier and shares the same lockout and loot?

IMO you need to increase the loot on 16 man normal to ONLY columi drops to give incentive for guilds to run the 16 mans, and again the 16 man hard/nightmare should be ONLY Rakata drops, again incentive to do them over the much easier 8 man versions.

Psyclosis
01.30.2012 , 08:28 AM | #2
damn didnt see theres already a thread about this lol

complexxLT
01.30.2012 , 08:30 AM | #3
Completely agree.
Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I've seen 16man is actually 2 times less tier level loot then 8 man. The drops are exactly the same even though there are 2x more people raiding. Seriously?
I don't want to think this was intended and hope it's just one more thing gone wrong and scheduled for fixing. Please clarify on this.
Server - Bloodworthy (Empire)
Guild - Antimatter
Character - Jecht

wifeaggro
01.30.2012 , 09:07 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Psyclosis View Post
Why is it that the same loot drops in 8 mans as 16 mans, yet the 16 mans are easily 3 times harder? This goes for both normal and hard modes.

What incentive are you giving people to run 16 mans exactly? We can walk through the 8 mans on both difficulty, but when it comes to 16 man hardmode its a different story.

as a guild we would like to raid together as 16, but really, why when 8 man is so much easier and shares the same lockout and loot?

IMO you need to increase the loot on 16 man normal to ONLY columi drops to give incentive for guilds to run the 16 mans, and again the 16 man hard/nightmare should be ONLY Rakata drops, again incentive to do them over the much easier 8 man versions.
Now that the Bulk of the population is hitting endgame we are seeing how horribly itemized it is as well as buggy. i suspect another 20 to 30 % burn off at the end of this sub cycle. BW needed to listen to the early endgame community and adjust of their feedback if you look back to 8 days after release we see alot of the same threads we are posting.
I

Zikcar
01.30.2012 , 09:49 AM | #5
I am guessing they want everyone to have the same chance at the same loot even if they cant ge 16 people together? Also that 16 man drops a lot more loot and is doable you just have to coordinate and work together a lot more then people are used to doing. 16 man is very doable.

Unaki
01.30.2012 , 10:05 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Zikcar View Post
I am guessing they want everyone to have the same chance at the same loot even if they cant ge 16 people together? Also that 16 man drops a lot more loot and is doable you just have to coordinate and work together a lot more then people are used to doing. 16 man is very doable.
It should at least drop a lot more loot than it currently does.
JAWA PUNTERS
Corellian Run <Republic> Raiding Guild
Official Site - Recruitment

flowqz
01.30.2012 , 10:15 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by complexxLT View Post
Completely agree.
Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I've seen 16man is actually 2 times less tier level loot then 8 man.
u r wrong

DefMike
01.30.2012 , 11:54 AM | #8
The thing is, I don't even mind the bosses being a bit tougher . . .

But is it just me or is the trash between the first and second boss in 16m EV the worst??

Stupid droids . . .

eNcFireWraith
01.30.2012 , 12:00 PM | #9
The loot is fine, the problem is that 8-man is quite a lot easier than 16-man. They need to make the difficulties more equivalent.
-«« CONŠEMNEŠ »»-
A NA TEAM PVP & RAID FOCUSED GUILD
Θ SITE
POLICIES YOUTUBE Θ

Grunternz
01.31.2012 , 09:21 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Psyclosis View Post

8-Man Nightmare is mathematically harder. For example take Nightmare Soa;

8NM: 2 lightening balls

16NM: 3 lightening balls, yet 16 has double the people - why not double the balls then?

Mind Trap health is the same for both: 25.5k - should be more than doubled for 16 considering 16man has 11 dps where as 8man has 5.

Health difference for phase 3: 630k (16NM) v 320k (8NM) yet 16 has more than double the dps (11 v 5 as stated above).