Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Good Raids Gone Bad: A Raider's Perspective

SageH
01.30.2012 , 04:06 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Obscur View Post
Bad post.
Im not want to do HMs Ops for Columi gear.
Rakata gear only from NM its kind a joke.
Columi gear dropping in Nightmare is a joke. To be honest, correctly designed, Tionese gear shouldn't even have set bonuses on it. Any gear obtained outside of raids really shouldn't with the exception of PvP gear of course.

SageH
01.30.2012 , 04:13 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Qanlayeni View Post
I dunno, some guilds actually kill these bosses for pride. After all, if you've beaten the *hardest* content in the game, why do you need gear upgrades?
Because it encourages people to go back, and do it all again and continue paying that subscription to keep doing it after you've done it all the first time. Following your logic, I should technically unsub as I've defeated all the available content on the hardest mode available, gg? It was fun, and it is challenging to a point but I'd like the rewards that are supposed to keep me going back for more to actually drop that's all. It's no different than why tournaments/sports/competitions offer prizes and titles and such. It's a focus point to keep people coming back, if not for the prize then for the competition.

WimploMartin
01.30.2012 , 04:54 PM | #23
good job OP i think ur right on everything raid content is very easy and no point in the loot system they have now

alifaraaz
01.30.2012 , 05:23 PM | #24
I havn't even hit lvl 50 yet, but the OP sounds like its on the right lines. Although many people seem to hate comparing SWTOR with WoW, BW should probably take a similar approach with loot as Blizzard do with regards to loot.

gloryhunterprime
01.30.2012 , 06:51 PM | #25
The problem that everyone is over looking is that Normal Mode Ops are suppose to be done prior to doing HM FP's as per the Devs designs. Now we can debate if this is a good idea or not but that was the intent of the current tier system.

SageH
01.30.2012 , 07:42 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by gloryhunterprime View Post
The problem that everyone is over looking is that Normal Mode Ops are suppose to be done prior to doing HM FP's as per the Devs designs. Now we can debate if this is a good idea or not but that was the intent of the current tier system.
Show me a dev post or dev blog that states that is true. "Hardmode" Flashpoints are nothing more than Level 50 versions of those Flashpoints.

Voorshwa
01.30.2012 , 08:14 PM | #27
One of the very best posts I've seen on these forums. You lay out your issues and actually suggest solutions. Rather than just ranting and QQing, you gave fantastic feedback.

BW, these are the kinds of posts you should be drooling over.

V
May the Heart of Stone know only tears, and the Souls of Fire.....Love.

goatfoam
01.30.2012 , 09:32 PM | #28
I agree with most of this, particularly regarding the distributions of gear between the different modes. I'm actually fine with 16 man and 8 man versions dropping the same loot, but am increasingly frustrated that the only differences between the difficulties and the numbers of players are increased health and damage and tighter enrage timers.

I hope BioWare will take another look at this area of the game because honestly, right now, it's very poorly implemented (though the actual content is a great start and really deserves a better system).

Warsign
01.31.2012 , 12:04 AM | #29
If you have completed NM 16 mans then you have won the game. Nothing else to do at that point but move on to the next game. I dont understand why you would need any better gear than what you have, or better than what drops in the NM16s.
-Warsign-

Jaspless
01.31.2012 , 12:15 AM | #30
This post is spot on.

Here's my question, why does tier gear even drop from flashpoints? I say you need to run normal mode FP's to get gear to be able to handle HM-FP's. At this point you'll be ready to head into NM-EV and NM-KP and that's when tier gear starts to drop. I understand Bioware is new to the whole MMO scene, but they do need to increase the difficulty. They're allowing people to reach complete end-game in a few weeks after launch. Unless they'll be releasing new content (Major patches) every couple of weeks, they need to slow down progression.
If Tetris has taught me anything, it's that mistakes will pile up, and accomplishments disappear.