Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Good Raids Gone Bad: A Raider's Perspective

Dee-Jay
01.30.2012 , 09:46 AM | #11
I agree with the OP and don't understand Bioware's obsession with making loot as random as possible.

Tionese gear is as unappreciated and unnecessary as PvP Tier 1 gear. Noboy wants it, nobody likes it and it doesn't feel rewarding.

I don't mind Nightmare mode being purely for cosmetic reward but please separate your Tiers completely.

eNcFireWraith
01.30.2012 , 10:23 AM | #12
This week was probably the last time we go and do Nightmare 16-mans until they fix the loot. Although the content is not very hard, it's still about twice as fast to just do Hardmodes and the loot is practically the same (hell, hardmode loot is better in EV). It just isn't worth the extra time to do Nightmare.

We got 0 Rakata pieces from Nightmare Karagga this week. The loot was all garbage.
-«« CONŠEMNEŠ »»-
A NA TEAM PVP & RAID FOCUSED GUILD
Θ SITE
POLICIES YOUTUBE Θ

BALORINA
01.30.2012 , 10:51 AM | #13
Once you finish Nightmare once for the title it's not worth going back. The problem is dropping more Rakata gears people out that much faster requiring faster content updates.

The grind "should" be (in my opinion)
HM FPs: Tionese token at the end
Normal Ops: Tionese token per boss (1 for 8, 2 for 16)
HM Ops: Columni token (1 for 8, 2 for 16)
NM Ops: Rakata token, Columni token (1 for 8, 2 for 16)

trotsky_tor
01.30.2012 , 11:00 AM | #14
I'm not even doing HM or NM, but I agree with this post.

TheVoidStalker
01.30.2012 , 11:06 AM | #15
Just because a raid requires more people is not justification for making it the only source of the best gear.

Raids that require more people have historically been easier.

trotsky_tor
01.30.2012 , 11:08 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TheVoidStalker View Post
Just because a raid requires more people is not justification for making it the only source of the best gear.

Raids that require more people have historically been easier.
Where do you see him saying that 16-man should be the only source of the best gear? It clearly shows Rakata/Columi drops in 8-man as well.

Qanlayeni
01.30.2012 , 11:09 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Jurugar View Post
Nothing is more disheartening than killing a NM boss and only getting columi pieces.
I dunno, some guilds actually kill these bosses for pride. After all, if you've beaten the *hardest* content in the game, why do you need gear upgrades?

snowmon
01.30.2012 , 11:18 AM | #18
i think its all screwed up imo.

i dont see whats wrong with this:

lower pvp gear stats slighty so tionesse is better.

Tionesse > FPs + norm OPs
Columi > HM OPs
Rat > NM OPs

id be happy with that. hell for all we know this is how its supposed to be, but with all the loot bugs going on left and right they just aint fixed it yet.

edit: and imo there should be no difference between 8 and 16 man raiding. just the amount of lootz that drop.
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server

NicholaiJS
01.30.2012 , 12:17 PM | #19
Statement: Lottery loot = addict people who are predisposed to gambling addictions.

Conspiracy theory: EAis in works with the government to pass SOPA and destroy the world by making money off star wars fans and people who gamble.
I talk a bit like HK47 because people are dumb.

SageH
01.30.2012 , 04:05 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagent View Post
Simply put, no.

You disguised it nicely but your post boils down to a QQ of "We cleared 16 man Nightmare, we don't want people in 8 man raids to have the same gear."
Perhaps you should read it again, especially the part where I said I am fine with 8/16 dropping the same loot with adjusted drop rates due to the change in raid size.