Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Sorc DPS spec for Endgame

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Best Sorc DPS spec for Endgame

Simuil
01.30.2012 , 06:03 AM | #1
Hello guys, Im having some trouble at to determine what DPS spec is best for a sorc for endgame content, im currently madness but was thinking of going lightning to see if it improves my dps.

Thankyjack
01.30.2012 , 07:55 AM | #2
We don't see the logs; we don't know about comparative dps. Any advice you get here would be based on speculation, at best, or guesswork. Play the spec you like. When logs are available, then ask again.

Seanimus
01.30.2012 , 01:46 PM | #3
25/16 17/24 16/25 13/28 7/18/16

i think that's pretty much it

sadly the 31pnt talents suck

Andyonme
01.30.2012 , 03:44 PM | #4
Just make sure that you have a dps build with good force regen. The builds with more madness always run out of force in ops.

Sasheria
01.30.2012 , 04:04 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Andyonme View Post
Just make sure that you have a dps build with good force regen. The builds with more madness always run out of force in ops.
the popular 0/13/28 is pretty good. You get two regen. One from lightning strike stack upto 3 for 10% regen and force lightning crit 1% force back. So between those two, you can keep your force up while doing some death field, affliction, crushing darkness. I don't ALWAYS keep it up cause then you would run out of force. It is all about management.

I do wish there is a combat log at the end of the run to see how you do (like MVP type at end of ops like in PvP) that would help a lot. I know that damage include AoE but still be nice.

Oberstein
01.30.2012 , 04:17 PM | #6
17/24 here, tried them all and this is by far my favorite, sacrifice some dot damage but in return you can take consumption off your bar:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...dMMZsrbRsMkR.1

Lightning Effusion with 30%+ crit is very good, then the issue becomes agro management, because I pull agro like crazy if the tank doesnt have solid agro on everything, especially when I start dropping Chain Lightning and Death Field on AOE pulls.

livnthedream
01.30.2012 , 04:36 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Sasheria View Post
the popular 0/13/28 is pretty good. You get two regen. One from lightning strike stack upto 3 for 10% regen and force lightning crit 1% force back. So between those two, you can keep your force up while doing some death field, affliction, crushing darkness. I don't ALWAYS keep it up cause then you would run out of force. It is all about management.

I do wish there is a combat log at the end of the run to see how you do (like MVP type at end of ops like in PvP) that would help a lot. I know that damage include AoE but still be nice.
lightning strike is horrible, and the regen from the talent is even worse. even wasting wrath procs on it is worse than just casting force lightning.

captainmerkin
01.30.2012 , 05:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
lightning strike is horrible, and the regen from the talent is even worse. even wasting wrath procs on it is worse than just casting force lightning.
yep does give a really bad return for casting cost, its actually negative rated, but insta cast chain lightning is ace.
"Ninjaprints"
"Comic Book Art"

_Darkstar
01.30.2012 , 05:41 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Andyonme View Post
Any build with Wrath and Sith Efficacy will never run out of Force.

Any build including Chain Lightning, Madness, Wrath and Sith Efficacy will pretty much do the trick for you as far as damage though.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

Andyonme
01.30.2012 , 05:48 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
Any build with Wrath and Sith Efficacy will never run out of Force.
I disagree. If you go through the full rotation without skipping on any attacks, you will run out of force in ops.