Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Don't bother doing 16s over 8s

Chado_
01.30.2012 , 07:53 AM | #11
because games are all about epic lootz?!?!?!?!

Don't you people get bored with that paradigm?

Blutelf
01.30.2012 , 08:22 AM | #12
This is laughable. 16mans are much easier on the DPS requirements, and on the healers.

When yout tank gets mind trapped in p3, it's a wipe unless someone else can jump in and taunt Soa to the pylon in 8 man. 16 man? Laugh as your second tank picks him up no worries. 8 man Jarga/Sonok is horrendous on the healers, hope you geared up a second tank to taunt Jarga off during carbonizer probe! Oh wait, 16 man can easily afford to have three tanks on this fight, one for each boss and one to stand around picking his nose and still make the enrage timer, while 8 man can barely make it with one + one DPS in tank gear.

complexxLT
01.30.2012 , 08:33 AM | #13
Completely agree with op.
Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I've seen 16man is actually 2 times less tier level loot then 8 man. The drops are exactly the same even though there are 2x more people raiding. Seriously?
I don't want to think this was intended and hope it's just one more thing gone wrong and scheduled for fixing. Please clarify on this.
Server - Bloodworthy (Empire)
Guild - Antimatter
Character - Jecht

Psyclosis
01.30.2012 , 08:43 AM | #14
I would like to hear something from Bioware on this too.
As it stands theres absolutely zero incentive to run 16 mans over 8 mans except for epeen status. The 8 mans are so much easier and have more loot.

I mean come on, we want to raid as 16 and progress, but we also want to be doing it to progress our characters not only to progress our status.

Give us some incentive to 16 man. The difficulty is much harder on 16 to 8, so do something like make 16 mans drop ONLY columi on normal, make 16 man drop ONLY rakata on hard/mare mode.

This will give guilds incentive to run as 16 instead of 8, after all this is a massive multiplayer where we are supposed to play and interact with each other, not be in seperate raids and seperate vent channels.

Hades-LotD
01.30.2012 , 08:45 AM | #15
Not to mention that tank aggro management has issues when scalig from 8 man to 16 man. There is no value to doing 16 man right now, and if there was the aggro management can't really scale for it so it makes it more frustrating.

Melacon
01.30.2012 , 09:03 AM | #16
Hrm

We had no problem doing 16 man. Ample loot for everyone too. Was harder than 8, so I guess, if your in it for the loot vs time, do 8's. If you're in it for the challenge and progression, do 16's.

DefMike
01.30.2012 , 12:05 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Melacon View Post
Hrm

We had no problem doing 16 man. Ample loot for everyone too. Was harder than 8, so I guess, if your in it for the loot vs time, do 8's. If you're in it for the challenge and progression, do 16's.
You've missed the point. It's not about how well YOU did in a 16s, it's about how easy 8 is compared to 16.

I totally agree w/ you about doing it for the challenge. We have beat first 2 bosses in EV on 16 and it felt good to win those fights. But we struggle w/ the trash between the 1st and 2nd boss (I'm sure we could do something better)

But when you have that option of getting the same reward for much less effort . . . man it's hard to resist!!!

NicholaiJS
01.30.2012 , 12:11 PM | #18
Mockery: From my experience the only reason 16 man is harder than 8 man is because it is easier to find 8 people that are not bad than 16 people who are not bad.

Statement: Without dps meters or a combat log it isn't possible to measure the increase in numbers by switching 8 man to 16 man. Chances are you're carrying some people who are not preforming to specs.
I talk a bit like HK47 because people are dumb.

Eroex
01.30.2012 , 12:15 PM | #19
I cant stand the smaller group content, I get sick of people whining about not getting into the group. 16 man is much easier to get people into.

WoW drove me nuts with that crap. Trying to stack a raid for the hardest 10 man content to make it easiest to down for progression and you have 5 people whining that they didn't get into the raid and some one else did.

Eroex
01.30.2012 , 12:19 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by NicholaiJS View Post
Mockery: From my experience the only reason 16 man is harder than 8 man is because it is easier to find 8 people that are not bad than 16 people who are not bad.

Statement: Without dps meters or a combat log it isn't possible to measure the increase in numbers by switching 8 man to 16 man. Chances are you're carrying some people who are not preforming to specs.
When you find 16+ amazing players 16 mans are just as easy.

In wow when you took a 25 man raid guild and did 10 man content it was a joke because 10 mans were easy when you had the correct raid comp for the fight. The only time it became harder was when the fight had a square hole and you tried to force the round peg into it.