Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The role of the rouge

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
The role of the rouge

VainEldritch
01.30.2012 , 01:55 PM | #11
This thread is win.
Vanitas vanitatum, omnia vanitas
"I didn't get where I am today by letting some snot-nosed Jedi Padawan leave my cheese out in the wind." Sith Imperial Guard Vorlok Vanitas explains why Jedi Younglings must die.
Star Wars: The Old Republic beta tester and Founder

Abye
01.30.2012 , 03:24 PM | #12
I love ladies with prominent cheekbones

Zaxaras
01.30.2012 , 04:30 PM | #13
Few points to pick up on here:
Quote: Originally Posted by Xenomir View Post
When I play as my assassin or operative, it's a whole different game. I'm not a part of a "team;" I'm by myself. I have a different role: my job is to take out a healer.
This is one of the key reasons people who play with rogues don't like them: you're not part of the team. You're being a single-player in a multi-player experience. Yes, your role is important (in games where stealth classes exist) but many rogue-like players will stealth in and force a pull rather than waiting for the tank to pull and then killing the healer. This isn't so much a complaint about the class idea itself as the players who choose them. If you're going to kill the healer then that's fine, but let the poor tank pull before you do please.

Quote: Originally Posted by Xenomir View Post
I believe the "stealth" game is often misunderstood. It's viewed as being "unfair" because in 1v1 a healer doesn't stand a chance. The thing is, that's the point. In 1v1 the healer isn't supposed to stand a chance.
This is one of the key reasons people who play against rogues don't like them: you are designed to GCD people (kill within 1-2 global cooldowns, or fast enough that their partners have no time to react). As you said, healers aren't meant to stand a chance against rogue-like classes. To some: this is fine; to others: this is a massive design flaw. To all: it's an excuse to be an <insert offensive words here> individual. That is what the class is designed for.
As to healers not standing a chance in 1v1... in pvp, a healer should always win. If a healer cannot win against a single dps, regardless of class, then there's no reason to include them in any 2v2 or larger team; they can't cope with the damage output.

A third point to keep in mind, with regard to PvP, is that stealth classes are able to pick and choose their fights with the greatest degree of freedom available; again, this is by design, but many people hate the existence of the design itself.

I put up with rogues, but I'd prefer them to not exist.

Rogue_Eagle
01.30.2012 , 07:06 PM | #14
nothing like a rouge twilek.

Aleya
01.30.2012 , 11:40 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Rogue_Eagle View Post
nothing like a rouge twilek.
You mean a Lethan Twi'lek. Yes, we are awesome

Ryma gesu'tak allesh Numa a Nerra. Vatak'ultuka!

CE VIP
R.I.P. You will be missed little .

terminova
01.31.2012 , 01:44 PM | #16
I'm confused....PvE or PvP?

pmalygris
01.31.2012 , 03:39 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
It's to bring out your cheekbones.
Yes i have seen many rosey cheeks at the Moulin Rouge..

You can see them too for 80 Euros

For the love of mike, tell the poor guy that every one calls Rogues Rouges heh

mal
"There are two great forces in this world - good and evil; and no man is worth his salt unless he has lost and won battle for a principle."
- P. Gouthey

shucksy
01.31.2012 , 03:43 PM | #18
GL killing a guarded healer by yourself, lol.

Saekx
01.31.2012 , 06:53 PM | #19
rouge is good in red, also it's called "Rogue" if your reffering to an assassin-type guy.
"I will eliminate every threat to the empire."
- Operative.
[[The Agonized Legacy!]]

Buckwiild
01.31.2012 , 06:56 PM | #20
This is the best post I have ever read anywhere. I knew it was going to be good when I saw the title but a freakin baking recipe....I'm wiping the tears way from my rosy rouge cheeks!! Good Job guys.