Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pointless doing operations/hms

Deokar
01.30.2012 , 09:55 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by frostreaver View Post
well first of all you need to do hm's or raids to get rid of youre pvp gear for when you pve. pvp gear is not good for the pve. we had a guildy in full pvp gear trying to do the gear check fight in ev and failed 3 times.
Wrong, usable stats PvP Champion > Tionese and ~ Columi. Champion got some expertise but the overall item budget is well over Tionese. And the fact that Columi got more Endurance than Champion nearly equals it for dps / healers. I'm 70/30% Champion/Columi and have no problem matching Columi/Tionese geared guildies.

So - NO, PvP gear is not bad for PvE, BADs are bad for PvE. Also the above mentioned "gear check" fight is quite buggy so.....

Anslet
01.30.2012 , 11:03 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Deokar View Post
Wrong, usable stats PvP Champion > Tionese and ~ Columi. Champion got some expertise but the overall item budget is well over Tionese. And the fact that Columi got more Endurance than Champion nearly equals it for dps / healers. I'm 70/30% Champion/Columi and have no problem matching Columi/Tionese geared guildies.

So - NO, PvP gear is not bad for PvE, BADs are bad for PvE. Also the above mentioned "gear check" fight is quite buggy so.....
You do realize that expertise sacrifices points from another useful stat? How exactly is it better then? Also pvp tier set bonuses are just about useless in pve. Maybe because it's a pvp piece? Ever see the Merc 2 piece pve set bonus? I'm guessing no

Also your comparison and final summation clearly form the complete picture for us:

I'm 70/30% Champion/Columi and have no problem matching Columi/Tionese geared guildies
...BADs are bad for PvE
nuff said
Tryin' to bathe my ape in your milky way..

asuffield
01.30.2012 , 12:23 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabix View Post
wouldn't say the council is as much of a gear check as it is a competence check
some people aren't able to maximize their damage 1v1 or survive with a healer, regardless of gear

that said, pretty sure the fight is unwinnable in level 40 greens with no relics
Yes. The council ensures you can't have any deadweight along, but in normal mode the fight is really easy for anybody who knows how to play their class and is fully equipped with level 49 crafted blues/purples (which are cheaply available from other players, if you can't make them).

You don't need to maximise your damage. You do need to follow some simple rules and not screw up. There is more than enough time to kill them. It's a nice yawn of a fight, right before Soa makes you work for it.

Doomsaga
01.30.2012 , 12:28 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Anslet View Post
You do realize that expertise sacrifices points from another useful stat? How exactly is it better then? Also pvp tier set bonuses are just about useless in pve. Maybe because it's a pvp piece? Ever see the Merc 2 piece pve set bonus? I'm guessing no

Also your comparison and final summation clearly form the complete picture for us:

nuff said
Champ. pvp gear is a higher tier than Columi/Tionese is in pve tier so although champ. gear loses some stats for expertise it still will have gerenally higher dps stats than Columi/Tionese.
Why isnt this game called Star Wars: The Old Empire?

Veriu
01.30.2012 , 01:52 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SmoothC View Post
Unfortunately, i have to agree with OP. Itemization in this game is incredibly lame. If the bosses at least had their own non-token loot that could only be gotten from them, AND was better than T3 gear, then i could see it being worthwhile, but as is everyone is gonna be a cookie-cutter of everyone else of the same class in another month or so. Dont get me started on how ridiculously bugged the operations are...
you see, the gear has these things...they are called mods & enhancements. Sometimes the gear (as it comes) isn't itemized very well, so you can take out the mods & enhancements and put in better ones.

Sometimes even dropping down a tier to get the right stats on a mod/enhancement is still an upgrade...

Lastly...how would it be different if each boss dropped their own loot? In a few months everyone would have the same gear as well. That's what happens, if 30% of the server is clearing all raids each week, then eventually all those people will end up in just about the same gear.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Ivy league educated research scientist working on solar cell development. So yeah, I have no need to feel "accomplished" in a videogame.
Call me when you've got 2 written recommendations from Nobel laureates and have attended annual private functions at the White House.

Veriu
01.30.2012 , 01:53 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsaga View Post
Champ. pvp gear is a higher tier than Columi/Tionese is in pve tier so although champ. gear loses some stats for expertise it still will have gerenally higher dps stats than Columi/Tionese.
accuracy is a pretty nice DPS stat...and one that is almost never on champ gear. I'm sure you're doing really good DPS with your 90% accuracy rate.....
Ivy league educated research scientist working on solar cell development. So yeah, I have no need to feel "accomplished" in a videogame.
Call me when you've got 2 written recommendations from Nobel laureates and have attended annual private functions at the White House.