Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM gear loot issues

Elzanith
02.02.2012 , 04:28 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Shivus View Post
It's random, you all just have bad luck.

Here's the thing, you are not the only person running them. Looking at the total number in D7 or FE, or anything, there are 4-8 groups running it at any one time. They're probably picking up the drops you never see.

15 FE runs with 12 BH bodies and 3 IA bodies is anecdotal, coincidental, and just plain bad luck. I with I had your luck because I've only seen SW and IA bodies drop, yet lots of people I know have picked their BH or SI body up from FE. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it just means again you have terrible luck.
Or perhaps certain class items have a higher drop rate due to population.
Quote: Originally Posted by King_Stinkeye View Post
The only thing that can be confirmed by this thread is that out sourcing your customer support is almost always going to infuriate your customers.

xGBox
02.02.2012 , 06:34 AM | #32
Do the math, guys.

25% means that there is a 25% chance that the HM item dropped will be the one you can use for your class.

It doesn't mean that the item you need will show up once every four attempts.

You think statistics might help your argument; It just proves you're unlucky.

/thread

targetrein
02.02.2012 , 07:02 AM | #33
I must have the worst luck in the world, then, if this is truly "random".

I'm going on 14 HMs straight (since Friday) without a single IA drop. For 7 of those 14 runs, a piece of gear dropped that no one in the party could even wear.

Absolutely infuriating. Several hours wasted. I can now do HMs with my eyes closed - not even a challenge any more and becoming very, very boring, yet it looks like I'll have enough of those stupid tokens to BUY a Columi piece before I ever see another one drop at this rate.

You can say random all you want, but 0% isn't random to me...

Stryfer
02.09.2012 , 04:07 AM | #34
Nope, It's broken. I have run F.E every day for two weeks, and we have another group doing the same the only chest(s) Malgus has dropped have been Consular and Knight with the exception of 1 Smuggler......soooo 14 runs x2 is 28 runs with only 1 smuggler and 0 trooper....thats not RNG because it's not random.

Can CS at least comment on this..?
The worst thing about Sith is the sense of humor...

MAFFONE
02.13.2012 , 06:58 AM | #35
Developers should add a new character title for guys like me that ran over 30 HMs and still have to see a single token for their class!

Kierra
02.13.2012 , 07:04 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by wifeaggro View Post
Have had a problem for over a week or more now. Every single HM we run Drops BH or OP gear only. Ive tanked over 22 Hm this last week . we have seen 1 light saber from HK and som BS columi bracer. Every single chest pop from malgus has been BH . Is there som sort of bug?
I need to do runs with you, I guess!!! Yay for BH gear!
Kiah ~ Marauder ~ Hedaar Soongh ~ PVP
Big Critties ~ http://bigcritties.guildlaunch.com/

Luculus
02.13.2012 , 07:27 AM | #37
Just to reply here with the conclusions from another thread about this which seem to fit...

The RNG seems to be weighted to classes that are NOT present to create a kind of bottleneck e.g. the guild groups I run HMs with rarely has a Bounty Hunter and BH loot is about 50%+ of drops.

To be fair, gear/money/XP/etc bottlenecks are the only way developers can make content last long enough until they have the time to bring out new stuff. Sucks for the player, but that's the bigger picture.
eh?...ah!

Lux Arcana - a muti-game MMO guild for the "Dedicated Casual"
The Progenitor

TheRealMike
02.13.2012 , 08:11 AM | #38
People don't know what "random" means...
Just point me in the direction of the action!

teemoor
02.13.2012 , 10:27 PM | #39
Our static has jugg tank, 2 mercs and op healer (me). We ran about 20 HMs and only got 2 columi + 1 energized for mercs, 1 energized for the tank and my Vector companion now has a willpower tier set and purple electrostaff. And I got 7 pieces. Yeah.