Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

<Wrath> Nightmare 16 Karraga the Unyielding

Tumri
01.29.2012 , 09:04 PM | #1
Down @ 2:32 EST on 1/29/11

We failed hard and nobody posted it earlier in the day >.<

http://i.imgur.com/DpogI.jpg

Video will be up tomorrow.
Wrath
Pre-Launch Hardcore Guild that has moved on to better games.
www.wrathnation.com

Mazzrad
01.29.2012 , 10:33 PM | #2
Nice one, was it much harder than hardmode?
Ocior

Masrad

Avia
01.29.2012 , 10:50 PM | #3
How was it on 16?

We did HH on 8m NM the other day and it was barely noticeable that we were had changed the difficulty from hard.

edit: how do you know 'world top 10 ops progression' when there is no real way to keep track of guilds and their current progression? i mean, there are two guilds on empire side on my server that both killed nm karagga before you; so the chances aren't that good... :/

Jurugar
01.29.2012 , 11:25 PM | #4
Grats guys - your reward is over a month before new content!

Quote: Originally Posted by Avia View Post
How was it on 16?
Karagga's not that bad on 16 - Jarg/Sorno is probably the hardest boss in the instance right now, which is why many guilds opted to skip them on NM 16. Still, karagga's about on par with Soa, maybe a little tougher - but not nearly as tough as soa was pre-nerf, even comparing HM soa to NM karagga.

Trayne_
01.30.2012 , 12:13 AM | #5
How many guilds have done a full clear on 16 man NM? We just cleared it all tonight.
Lvl 50 Mercenary
Daragon Trail
<Thirsty>
www.Thirstytor.com

Jurugar
01.30.2012 , 06:56 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Trayne_ View Post
How many guilds have done a full clear on 16 man NM? We just cleared it all tonight.
Full clear (including Jarg/Sorno) is probably at most 8-10 by now, but Karagga himself is likely more, probably at least 10-15.

Tumri
01.30.2012 , 07:16 AM | #7
IDK we breezed through Jarg/Sorno much quicker than Karraga. For us the biggest issue was how he freaked out and moved random directions like a demented squirrel when our tank tried to move him. He literally turned around and shot rockets at the entire group when our tank was facing the opposite direction and had full aggro. The fire patch was also invisible to our main tank sometimes so we had to call it out when it happened and he would take 1-2 ticks pretty often causing him to either die or just barely live after he took rockets/backfire.

Hard Mode Soa was by far the best/most challenging fight of this tier pre-nerf. We probably would have breezed through it in current gear but when most of us had tionese it was fairly tough. I'm glad we had a chance to kill it before it got neutered. It's kind of sad how they nerfed nightmare modes down so hard that literally anyone with a brain cell could do it. 8-Mans are also a joke right now and it's dumb that they count for the same as 16-Mans when the Nightmare 8 is like Regular Mode 16.

Quote: Originally Posted by Avia View Post
edit: how do you know 'world top 10 ops progression' when there is no real way to keep track of guilds and their current progression? i mean, there are two guilds on empire side on my server that both killed nm karagga before you; so the chances aren't that good... :/
Mostly from claims on the forums. We also had Hard Soa 16 down pre-nerf and I only know of 5-6 others guilds that did it. I've seen very few people that have cleared 10/10 nightmare 16. 8-man is a joke and nobody gives a ****. Plenty of people have killed everything on 8-man because it's literally easier than 16-man normal mode.
Wrath
www.wrathnation.com

flowqz
01.30.2012 , 08:25 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tumri View Post
IDK we breezed through Jarg/Sorno much quicker than Karraga. For us the biggest issue was how he freaked out and moved random directions like a demented squirrel when our tank tried to move him. He literally turned around and shot rockets at the entire group when our tank was facing the opposite direction and had full aggro. The fire patch was also invisible to our main tank sometimes so we had to call it out when it happened and he would take 1-2 ticks pretty often causing him to either die or just barely live after he took rockets/backfire.

Hard Mode Soa was by far the best/most challenging fight of this tier pre-nerf. We probably would have breezed through it in current gear but when most of us had tionese it was fairly tough. I'm glad we had a chance to kill it before it got neutered. It's kind of sad how they nerfed nightmare modes down so hard that literally anyone with a brain cell could do it. 8-Mans are also a joke right now and it's dumb that they count for the same as 16-Mans when the Nightmare 8 is like Regular Mode 16.

Mostly from claims on the forums. We also had Hard Soa 16 down pre-nerf and I only know of 5-6 others guilds that did it. I've seen very few people that have cleared 10/10 nightmare 16. 8-man is a joke and nobody gives a ****. Plenty of people have killed everything on 8-man because it's literally easier than 16-man normal mode.
guess u guys overrate yourself... the whole content isnt hard at all be it 8man or 16man, we will all have to wait about a year till the encounter tuning and class balancing will be on a appropriate level.

btw the screen on your hp saying "server first" makes me laugh if u want to compete a global level.

Tumri
01.30.2012 , 09:48 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by flowqz View Post
guess u guys overrate yourself... the whole content isnt hard at all be it 8man or 16man, we will all have to wait about a year till the encounter tuning and class balancing will be on a appropriate level.

btw the screen on your hp saying "server first" makes me laugh if u want to compete a global level.
I agree nothing is actually difficult. The distinction between 8 and 16 still exists though. 8-man is like fluffy kitten mode and it doesn't even feel like a real raid. 16-man feels like normal mode in some of WoW's raids even on nightmare.

I'm actually hoping that they introduce real challenging raid content in march. A year from now the hardcore community will be gone if nothing is fixed.

I really don't understand why you're so hostile.. Are you offended because you do 8-man? I wasn't trying to discredit the 8-man setting. I was merely stating the fact that 8-man is far easier in every single way as far as present raid content is concerned. I apologize if I offended you by saying "nobody gives a ****". I merely implied that nobody cares about world/server firsts in the 8-man setting at present because the content is tuned to a level where the first person to even try the content is the first person to down it. Surely you see why most guilds look at 8-man as a joke?
Wrath
www.wrathnation.com

flowqz
01.30.2012 , 10:12 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tumri View Post
8-man is a joke and nobody gives a ****. Plenty of people have killed everything on 8-man because it's literally easier than 16-man normal mode.
and u ask why im hostile? comparing 16man normal with 8man nightmare is complete ******** and saying 16man is more difficult than 8 man isnt absolutly right, also. some encounters are easier in 16man right now but the majority is easier in 8man.

just look at a 16man soa nightmare kill in 8player and 16player mode. the traps have the same hp in 16man and 8 man and in every difficulty u have just 1trap. so y i would say 8man soa right now is harder than 16man soa.

but as i already stated we wont know which one will be harder in a couple of months, we can just assume 16man will be harder due to the fact that u have more players who can make mistakes and its harder the catch everyones actions.