Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Android Security App

Queuouim
12.19.2011 , 09:49 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Both Android and Blackberry versions of the Mobile Security Key are coming very, very soon. Real soon! (I'd give you an ETA, but there are too many moving parts.)

In addition, physical security keys for Europe will also be along very soon. We had a few shipping / supply issues, but they're inbound.
Has anyone heard if they plan to add a feature in game where the guild leader can set permissions for people that have authenticators. In the game that we cannot mention here, when you set up guild rank permissions there is a check box to require authenticators, you cannot promote someone into that group unless they had one. It would be a nice feature to have with the upcoming guild banks.
Major Qorbin Oca
Company Commanding Officer
ALPHA COMPANY
203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

Annwynn
12.19.2011 , 10:09 AM | #42
waiting on this ! this will be wonderful

Splaktar
12.19.2011 , 12:06 PM | #43
Great news. I'm eagerly awaiting the Android app!
Splaktar - Arsenal Mercenary [50] - Master Armormech (UT/Slicing)
Samas - Engineering Sniper [42] - Armstech (Scavenging/Investigation)
Pak'Cafan - Jedi Covenant

Maat
12.19.2011 , 12:23 PM | #44
Any hope for a WinPhone 7 app?

LegacyKnight
12.19.2011 , 01:30 PM | #45
I am not really sure why they developed the apple version first? Android makes up almost 15% more of advanced phone users than the iPhone. Why would you exclude the larger portion of the market and develop for an outdated, smaller, and continually shrinking community? Especially now with their main genius gone.

Kormai
12.19.2011 , 01:58 PM | #46
I am debating whether it is worth the trouble to download the iPhone security key and attach it to my account for now until the Android one comes out...as soon as the Android one comes out I can smash my iPhone with a hammer...which I look forward to!!!

*hugs mini-tablet phone* Android I loves you!
Kormai - Gunslinger of The Elder Knights
"Now you're dumb, ugly, AND dead!"

Mynameisaw
12.19.2011 , 01:59 PM | #47
Both Android and Blackberry versions of the Mobile Security Key are coming very, very soon. Real soon! (I'd give you an ETA, but there are too many moving parts.)

In addition, physical security keys for Europe will also be along very soon. We had a few shipping / supply issues, but they're inbound.
And the Windows Phone app?
Killer 80%
Achiever 80%
Explorer 20%
Socializer 20%

RowingMunkeyCU
12.19.2011 , 02:01 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayln View Post
Very good, glad I checked the dev tracker first.

Iím a bit of a completionist and everything is set up on my account except that last section with the security key.

In other games my wifeís account got hacked 2 times and she has only been playing for 2 years, and myself once. Looking forward to that extra security step.

Ourselves and our droids are awaiting the app
Agreed with this. Every online account that I have that supports authenticators has one setup. (WoW, Rift, Gmail, work...). Best security tool I've come across yet.

Packersfan
12.20.2011 , 12:02 AM | #49

Will we be able to use both the physical security key and the app as a backup?
"Look at the size of that thing!"
"Hey Luke, thanks for coming after me. Now I owe you one."
"Wedge! Pull out! You're not doing any good back there!"
"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!

BlackPickle
12.20.2011 , 03:34 AM | #50
doubt it if the authenticators are anything like the ones from a certain other MMO then no as it will be more characters long (the key) on the mobile app then the keyring version