Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FPS problem, please help

High_Voltage
12.15.2011 , 03:01 AM | #1
hi guys
every now and again i get lag spikes/glitched (not latency issues) and my fps just drops to 5-10 when it normally hovers around 100-115

heres my computer spec:

Gigabyte P67A - UD7 Skt 1155 Motherboard

Intel Core i7 - 2600

4GB DDR3 Ram

Samsung 1TB SATA-II hard drive

nVidia Geforce 570GTX

ive tried updating my graphics card and such but it still occasionally does it, especially when i first entered the imperial fleet where it continued for about 15 seconds....
anyone know a solution? got anything to do with my ram?

mikmak
12.15.2011 , 03:03 AM | #2
hiya

No definit solution, but i know turning off shadows in preferences have helped alot, as a secondary thing, i have a link to another post below, with plenty of good suggestions to try:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=23111

I hope this helps

Amby
12.15.2011 , 03:06 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by High_Voltage View Post
hi guys
every now and again i get lag spikes/glitched (not latency issues) and my fps just drops to 5-10 when it normally hovers around 100-115

heres my computer spec:

Gigabyte P67A - UD7 Skt 1155 Motherboard

Intel Core i7 - 2600

4GB DDR3 Ram

Samsung 1TB SATA-II hard drive

nVidia Geforce 570GTX

ive tried updating my graphics card and such but it still occasionally does it, especially when i first entered the imperial fleet where it continued for about 15 seconds....
anyone know a solution? got anything to do with my ram?
What are your CPU/GPU temperatures like? If you're running hot, either one could be throttling back to preserve your hardware.

High_Voltage
12.15.2011 , 03:11 AM | #4
my temp is as follows;

Core #0 33C
Core #1 36C
Core #2 34C
Core #3 33C
stays around that during game

Amby
12.15.2011 , 03:15 AM | #5
and your GPU?

High_Voltage
12.15.2011 , 03:18 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Amby View Post
and your GPU?
not sure how to find that one out, i dont think i can
but the room im in is at 20 with a aircon pumping

Amby
12.15.2011 , 03:26 AM | #7
download CPUID hardware monitor( http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html ) and leave it running in the background while you're playing the game. Next time you encounter the framerate drop, shut down the game, and take note of the max values for your CPU and GPU.

High_Voltage
12.15.2011 , 03:36 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Amby View Post
download CPUID hardware monitor( http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html ) and leave it running in the background while you're playing the game. Next time you encounter the framerate drop, shut down the game, and take note of the max values for your CPU and GPU.
did it, max was 66C?

High_Voltage
12.15.2011 , 03:37 AM | #9
someone in game also said he had the same prob, reistalled the client and it worked, might try it tonight

Anicetus
12.15.2011 , 05:49 AM | #10
I think I may have the same problem with my Nvidia card. About every 30-20 seconds my FPS drops like a rock. I noticed in task manager swotor.exe CPU% goes very low, like single digits and the System Idle goes up to 90 something.

I opened a support ticket but it was closed and their response was to "update video drivers" which I had told them in the ticket I had done. I've tried defragging and I shut down my anti-virus software. I ran WD Data Lifeguard for Windows and my drives checked out fine. Last night I removed SWTOR completely and installed it on a new drive. This didn't fix the issue.

Please give an update if you've had success or not.