Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWG and WoW crafting were BAD BAD BAD!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
SWG and WoW crafting were BAD BAD BAD!

Shingara
01.29.2012 , 10:50 PM | #21
The swg crafting was very good. no instant rewards and you had to put some thought into what you were doing. Not just with what you were making but what mats you used and where you sourced them from.

WoW crafting is a joke. The idea in that to make it more complex is simply to make it take longer to craft things via insane cooldowns and mats that are deep into new content that gets burned through so fast that you either dont get enough mats to turn a profit or new content comes out making what you can make obsolite.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

CharonInferar
01.29.2012 , 10:59 PM | #22
Also disagreed. Rather than experiencing dozens of failure moments when RE-ing purples in SWTOR, SWG crafting pretty much always brought you forward towards your craft with every step thereby making the crafting enjoyable.
Also the fact that it was based on resource quality rather than resource quantity like in SWTOR made it much more efficient. My SWG harvesters actually multiplied my resource yield where missions for grade6 mats in SWTOR yield less than when i drive around and collect the stuff myself by hand ?!
Furthermore, in SWG you were able to buff yourself to get more criticals etc.
I wish the SWTOR devs would have adapted parts of the pioneering SWG crafting system, as i am very fed up with the current system.

Henu
01.29.2012 , 11:12 PM | #23
I love SWG crafting but even more i LOVED SWG beast master, i will always remember my first Feathered slice hound oh Scratchy how i miss you :P
:sy_bountyhunter ::sy_bountyhunte r::sy_bountyhunt er::sy_bountyhun ter::sy_bountyhu nter::sy_bountyh unter::sy_bounty hunter::sy_bount yhunter::

Uruare
01.29.2012 , 11:52 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Konow View Post
Makes sense, cause when I build a house, then smash it to bits I might end up with a car that runs on diamonds.

Best system ever indeed.......

Sounds almost like an Old Spice commercial.

murshawursha
01.29.2012 , 11:56 PM | #25
Just gonna go ahead and echo that SWG had the best crafting system ever.

Rahak
01.29.2012 , 11:58 PM | #26
I would hijack the last ever medic senator's crafter, and make fabulous items of clothing.

Felt goodman.

Rotterdam
01.30.2012 , 12:07 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by murshawursha View Post
Just gonna go ahead and echo that SWG had the best crafting system ever.
+1

I like SWTOR crafting. It is actually pretty good for a standard themepark crafting system. But it is no SWG crafting system. Not by a long shot.
Foomerang - Darkness Tank on Vrook Lamar. Formerly from Kettemoor/Bria galaxies.

saido
01.30.2012 , 12:09 AM | #28
Going with SWG Crafting was awesome.
- Saido -
Saido (Bounty Hunter) | Geden (Marauder) | Arkada (Sniper)
REIGN

Morkhaine
01.30.2012 , 12:22 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by iResist View Post
Don't try to tell me that SWTOR's crafting is exactly like WoW's, because it simply is not.
But it is. Reverse engineering is like alchemy in WoW discovering new recipes by transmuting, or mixing a bunch of potions (discovering how to make cauldrons). That came in the Burning Crusade expansion.

It ultimately boils down to: list of mats, hit craft, get item.

The only "innovations" are that you can have your companions craft for you as you continue to adventure. And the "crit" making better stuff comes from Warhammer Online.

Maxell_Snow
01.30.2012 , 01:06 AM | #30
For one I do not think we can compare swg's crafting with any other game that is currently on the market. SWG was a true sandbox game. The majority of gamers in the current generation do not want sandbox games so we get themeparks with crafting set up as an afterthought.

In SWG you could easily be recruited into a guild BECAUSE of your crafting abilities/knowledge. In swtor, everyone is a crafter because it is a simple, send companions for raws, click craft, the end process.

To the one that mentioned beast mastery...right until the end the beast mastery forum was the most active of any other group with more unique topics than pilot, and a whole lot less flaming than any board. It catered to a type of player that has no home in the current mmo game market.