Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWG and WoW crafting were BAD BAD BAD!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
SWG and WoW crafting were BAD BAD BAD!

iResist
01.29.2012 , 08:07 PM | #1
I see lots of people referencing SWG crafting on here and the majority of people that are actually outside this particular forum found SWG crafting to be way overly complex and time consuming and I agree with them.

Even a Co-worker who was a hardcore crafter in SWG thought that SWG's crafting was just too much!

Crafting in WoW was completely on the opposite end of the spectrum and was too simplistic. All you had was the pattern and needing the mats for the pattern and that was it.

I absolutely love SWTOR's crafting and find it very refreshing, yes it could use some small tweeks, but in all, it is one of the best crafting systems I've had the pleasure to play.

Vikassi
01.29.2012 , 08:36 PM | #2
Swg crafting was the best crafting system in any mmo ... Yes, complex and it took time .. Thats what an mmo is all about .. Swtor crafting, any nub can handle, very very dumbed down ..

Konow
01.29.2012 , 08:37 PM | #3
Makes sense, cause when I build a house, then smash it to bits I might end up with a car that runs on diamonds.

Best system ever indeed.......
If you say plz because it's shorter than please, I will say no because it's shorter than yes.

Piriste
01.29.2012 , 08:40 PM | #4
When i played SWG in launch, i still remember it having the best crafting system i've ever experienced.

I actually played the 3 first months just crafting stuff.

In other MMOs. it's something i MIGHT do if i want the bonus it comes with.

So I completely disagree, SWG crafting > all other MMOS.

iResist
01.29.2012 , 08:44 PM | #5
Like I said, it's mostly the people in this forum that like SWG crafting, which is an incredibly small minority of people.

Most people hated SWG's crafting.

mutee
01.29.2012 , 09:04 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by iResist View Post
I see lots of people referencing SWG crafting on here and the majority of people that are actually outside this particular forum found SWG crafting to be way overly complex and time consuming and I agree with them.

Even a Co-worker who was a hardcore crafter in SWG thought that SWG's crafting was just too much!

Crafting in WoW was completely on the opposite end of the spectrum and was too simplistic. All you had was the pattern and needing the mats for the pattern and that was it.

I absolutely love SWTOR's crafting and find it very refreshing, yes it could use some small tweeks, but in all, it is one of the best crafting systems I've had the pleasure to play.
So wows crafting was too simple but swtors crafting, which is all done by your crew isn't?

iResist
01.29.2012 , 09:10 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by mutee View Post
So wows crafting was too simple but swtors crafting, which is all done by your crew isn't?
1) WoW doesn't have the option to make your crew craft/gather resources, and I can gather resources myself if I want. I LOVE being able to send my crew on missions to do stuff for me.

2)
Compared to WoW, in SWTOR you can learn new patterns by reverse engineering, up to purple level items. LOVE THIS. Especially love all the different possible types of patterns you can learn this way.

3) You also have a chance to "crit" on an item you craft and get an extra mod slot. LOVE THIS.

Don't try to tell me that SWTOR's crafting is exactly like WoW's, because it simply is not.

lasounds
01.29.2012 , 09:10 PM | #8
I loved SWG crafting along with everyone i played with, by far the best system to date. but it seems more and more ppl just want crafting to be fast and simple and make the best in slot with no effort.

to each their own i guess
Never forget, Never forgive

Rikshaw
01.29.2012 , 09:15 PM | #9
I like SWTOR crafting, but it is too easy. Anybody can make anything... and that makes no sense to me.

SWTOR crafting is no different than looting armor/weps. Walk around fighting "oh look, a resource". There is no real dedication to any crafting system. And that will always be lacking from MMO's now that SWG is gone.

And to anyone out there who is thinking "Hey man! I just grinded to 400 and it IS dedication!" lol no... it isnt. If you had to dedicate one of your characters as strickly non-combat crafting, then That is dedication to a crafting system.

Suggestion
Perhaps there could be a system added where players could sacrifice skillpoints into a crafting tree. That way there would be actual "Crafters" and then "Off-crafters"

Anywho- thats my 2cents

Love the game, Love the Galaxy, Keep up the good work

OmegaMegaManX
01.29.2012 , 09:19 PM | #10
Nothing is wrong with SWTOR crafting system as it currently is other then that simple fact that once you hit 50 there isn't really a need.

Why craft up armor plates when you can simply for 8 daily commendations buy level 23 versions when the crafter can really only make 22 versions.

Why waste time making mods when you can just acquire them from a daily quest for free.

Artifice is in the exact same boat, sure the magenta crystal is hot for right now but most people will just earn weapons that come preinstalled with hilts/crystals higher then anything an artifice can make.

The only REAL use for artifice I've found so far is to make leveling items for alts and more customized place holder enhancements till you get your real pvp/pve gear to take it's place and even then you can just do that illum daily and get your pick of enhancements.

The only thing I personally currently see worth taking is slicing for a small profit or Biochem for unlimited use stims/medpacks