Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Something against dual-wielding in the movies?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Something against dual-wielding in the movies?

Verrell
01.29.2012 , 06:00 PM | #1
Why is it that in the films there is hardly no Jedi/Sith dual-wielding? Or was it just a rare form of combat?

Yes, I know of Anakin dual-wielding for a few seconds, but other than that I mean primarily Jedi/Sith using two lightsabers by default.
"..The Force shall free me.."

Kinlopunim
01.29.2012 , 06:09 PM | #2
im sure this is going to get flamed, but watch the clone wars cartoon. the sith apprentice is a dual weilder and for part of the series so is anakin's apprentice. im guessing its just rare that there's a dual weilder, kind of an ambidextrous thing.

Talkative
01.29.2012 , 06:15 PM | #3
Because it is extremely hard to fight effectively with two weapons.
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever. - Robert Ricciardi

CelticMutt
01.29.2012 , 06:16 PM | #4
Actually, if you look reeeeeaaaaaal closely, there's a Jedi running around dual wielding in the background during the Battle of Geonosis in AoTC. You see him for like a second or two at most.

SandsOfArrakis
01.29.2012 , 06:18 PM | #5
You can use both your hands wielding 1 blade. This allows you to strike harder.

Verrell
01.29.2012 , 06:19 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kinlopunim View Post
im sure this is going to get flamed, but watch the clone wars cartoon. the sith apprentice is a dual weilder and for part of the series so is anakin's apprentice. im guessing its just rare that there's a dual weilder, kind of an ambidextrous thing.
I meant the movies, sorry for the confusion.

Quote: Originally Posted by CelticMutt View Post
Actually, if you look reeeeeaaaaaal closely, there's a Jedi running around dual wielding in the background during the Battle of Geonosis in AoTC. You see him for like a second or two at most.
Really? I had no idea, I may have to look into that mainly because the slow bulky fighting of say, a Juggernaut doesn't appeal to me. The Marauder is more my style as they seem to fight with agile.

Verrell
01.29.2012 , 06:25 PM | #7
Found it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmR1ee223zQ

About 7:09 into the video.

Kinlopunim
01.29.2012 , 06:34 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Verrell View Post
I meant the movies, sorry for the confusion.
trying to help you out, don't be a douche about it. and if you look at any war or history book. its very rare someone successfully pulls off the dual weild, be it gun or sword. yes movies have alot of it, but thats just because it looks cool.

Verrell
01.29.2012 , 06:36 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kinlopunim View Post
trying to help you out, don't be a douche about it. and if you look at any war or history book. its very rare someone successfully pulls off the dual weild, be it gun or sword. yes movies have alot of it, but thats just because it looks cool.
Not being a douche, lol. Everyone who plays this game isn't one. I just forgot to clear up in my original post that I meant the 6 movies.

ZoeTuah
01.29.2012 , 10:18 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SandsOfArrakis View Post
You can use both your hands wielding 1 blade. This allows you to strike harder.
I'd like to vouch for this answer. My little brother uses his toy saber with two hands against me, while I use only one hand. If I weren't an expert martial artist, his two-handed little-kid strength would easily beat back my one hand. And he doesn't even understand proper leverage.