Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any benefit to reverse engineering stacks of items?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Any benefit to reverse engineering stacks of items?

SuicideStan
01.29.2012 , 05:12 PM | #1
As a bio-chemist is there any benefit to RE stacks of stims and whatnots or is it all the same chance?

Thanks.

Larkie
01.30.2012 , 10:33 AM | #2
The benefit is that it's faster. Chances are supposed to be the same (so a stack of 10 has 10 chances) I wouldn't do it for items that take a lot of good resources though as you may use up a stack of 10 when you really only needed 2.

GnatB
01.30.2012 , 12:09 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Larkie View Post
The benefit is that it's faster. Chances are supposed to be the same (so a stack of 10 has 10 chances) I wouldn't do it for items that take a lot of good resources though as you may use up a stack of 10 when you really only needed 2.
Which is also why *I* at least, would encourage actually doing the RE as the objects are made, so after you've successfully RE'd it, you can stop the queue and use those mats on making the improved version.

SuicideStan
01.30.2012 , 12:56 PM | #4
Thank you both for the reply.

Kapono
01.30.2012 , 01:04 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SuicideStan View Post
Thank you both for the reply.
If you do end up with a stack, r/e them individually, then sell the rest of the stack at the auction. Make a bit of profit from the excess.

LordQbical
01.30.2012 , 01:17 PM | #6
idk if it just SEEMS this way, but I have way less luck when RE'ing stacks. When I do them individually I usually learn the new craft every 2-6 RE's
"Instead of shooting at where I was, you should have shot at where I was going to be!"

"you spent HOW MUCH on a video game?!"

Battilea
01.30.2012 , 02:13 PM | #7
I just RE the stacks, less clicking. I'm not really interested in learning the biochem recipes, I just use the green stuff while leveling. So the goal is to get the components back to learn new stuff.