Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I generally don't have time for HMs.

Soluss
01.30.2012 , 12:39 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Marinus_ View Post
Well, we must be doing them wrong then -, and fight everything
This is probably your problem. You dont need to fight everything. Alot of trash can be skipped.

Also, as you do them more, it becomes much easier and quicker. You learn all the pulls and fights so that everything just flows. Its all about group synergy and everyone knowing what to do and when.

raidyr
01.30.2012 , 12:41 AM | #12
The problem isn't the length of the instances (for the most part, some FPs are longer than preferred), but how long it takes to find players. Even DPS on my server takes 20 minutes to find some nights.

Soluss
01.30.2012 , 12:45 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by raidyr View Post
The problem isn't the length of the instances (for the most part, some FPs are longer than preferred), but how long it takes to find players. Even DPS on my server takes 20 minutes to find some nights.
Th advice, that I would give, is to add the people you group with to your friends list. Send them a tell when you are LFG. You could also try to find a guild.

Most of the people that have problems finding groups are ones that never take the time to meet new people. I dont have the group problem because I came here with a large group of people that I met in Rift. We all get along great and have tons of fun together. Most of them, I would call friend.

choboon
01.30.2012 , 01:03 AM | #14
We take in between 20 and 50 minutes for a HM FP. Depending on the amount of bosses we do, (bonus boss, mini bosses etc) and the trash we can avoid.

So if you just do your daily then it is best to pick a short one.
If you look for a specific item you can also do up to that boss, for example up to second boss in Kaon for weapon mainhand and then reset.

So the length of the hardmodes is not an issue, finding a group for a speedy run and then getting through without wiping etc. is much more problematic.

Only thing helping with that is an extensive friendslist.

Marinus_
01.30.2012 , 01:14 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by choboon View Post
We take in between 20 and 50 minutes for a HM FP. Depending on the amount of bosses we do, (bonus boss, mini bosses etc) and the trash we can avoid.

So if you just do your daily then it is best to pick a short one.
If you look for a specific item you can also do up to that boss, for example up to second boss in Kaon for weapon mainhand and then reset.

So the length of the hardmodes is not an issue, finding a group for a speedy run and then getting through without wiping etc. is much more problematic.

Only thing helping with that is an extensive friendslist.
Fair enough. Sounds like it's simply a matter of knowing where we can skip stuff, and getting more guildmates that are familiar with the FPs. That should come in time. We're not a hardcore guild at all, and many of us are still getting our mains to 50.