Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I generally don't have time for HMs.


Marinus_'s Avatar


Marinus_
01.29.2012 , 05:09 PM | #1
I've done a few hard modes with guild mates, and had a great time doing them! The fights are fun (D7 HM was my first one), difficulty levels seem just right, and hanging with my guildmates was a good time.

The thing is, I wish I could do it every day, or at least a few times a week. However, with the length of time these take, I'm not able to do much more than one a week.

I'm not asking for them to be easier or anything like that - it's just that if they could be shorter, I'd gladly run more of them!

Good thing I also enjoy Huttball, because I can easily fit in a few of those on days where I don't have the time to do a HM.

Is anyone else frustrated by the length of time it takes to do HMs?
.

Nightfox_'s Avatar


Nightfox_
01.29.2012 , 05:11 PM | #2
I already find HMs and OPs especially to be frustratingly short. For end game content it seems rather lackluster, if you can knock it out on HM in a couple hours :/

Tzeentcho's Avatar


Tzeentcho
01.29.2012 , 05:31 PM | #3
I'm more annoyed by the time it takes to find a group.

Tickdoff-Tank's Avatar


Tickdoff-Tank
01.29.2012 , 05:32 PM | #4
We can typically do Black Talon, Boarding Party, Foundry and False EMporer in less than 2 hours. Total time for all of them, including travel time. I always hit a 2 hour stim before the first pull in BT and it usually runs out after the fight with Malgus (once it ran out in the fight).

Once you get used to running them they go quick

Gerrard_Ennui's Avatar


Gerrard_Ennui
01.29.2012 , 05:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Tzeentcho View Post
I'm more annoyed by the time it takes to find a group.
This. Even at the bare minimum for gear, none of the current HMs should be taking anyone more than an hour, absolute max - possibly less. Factor in finding a group though, and who knows how long a stretch you're looking at?

Mavery's Avatar


Mavery
01.29.2012 , 06:05 PM | #6
If you don't have time for them, then don't do them.

Their length is perfect, imo. Not too short, and not too long.

DaveMash's Avatar


DaveMash
01.29.2012 , 06:53 PM | #7
If you don't do the bonusboss on kaon you're finished in about 60 minutes
It's a trap!

KaiHeilos's Avatar


KaiHeilos
01.29.2012 , 07:04 PM | #8
None of the flash points take more than an hour. I run nearly all of them every day to help gear up my guildies.

Tip: Except for KuS, bonuses are worthless. 75% of trash can be skipped if you bring an assassin or Operative. Even without them you can still skip a lot. Some Minibosses can also be skipped.

pokstair's Avatar


pokstair
01.29.2012 , 07:12 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Marinus_ View Post
I've done a few hard modes with guild mates, and had a great time doing them! The fights are fun (D7 HM was my first one), difficulty levels seem just right, and hanging with my guildmates was a good time.

The thing is, I wish I could do it every day, or at least a few times a week. However, with the length of time these take, I'm not able to do much more than one a week.

I'm not asking for them to be easier or anything like that - it's just that if they could be shorter, I'd gladly run more of them!

Good thing I also enjoy Huttball, because I can easily fit in a few of those on days where I don't have the time to do a HM.

Is anyone else frustrated by the length of time it takes to do HMs?
What kind of time limitation are we talking about here.

I don't think one hour of uninterrupted playtime is much to ask for, and most HMs dont, or shouldnt, take that long.
I love this place because most people aren't capable of forming a coherent argument. It's like a low level grinding area for public debate.

Marinus_'s Avatar


Marinus_
01.29.2012 , 10:25 PM | #10
Well, we must be doing them wrong then - by the time we get people together, travel there, go through all the conversations (at least one person fails to spacebar every time), and fight everything, it's well over an hour, sometimes two. I can't do that every day!

This wasn't meant to get anyone upset - I was just wondering if anyone was in the same boat as I am.


Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
If you don't have time for them, then don't do them.

Their length is perfect, imo. Not too short, and not too long.
I don't do them when I don't have time. Was that not obvious from my post?
.