Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it true that they removed lots of different looking gear before release?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is it true that they removed lots of different looking gear before release?

tmpearson
01.29.2012 , 05:59 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Gomla View Post
If anyone remembers Bullseye, darts show from the 80's in the UK, it was a bit like that at the end.....

"Lets see what you could have won".

Just to rub it in. BioWare giveth and BioWare taketh away.
Reminds me of a show called Let's Make A Deal. You would win a pig or goat and then they would show you the car you could have won.

Vodalus
01.29.2012 , 06:01 PM | #12
In a word: Yes.

As others have said, they removed a lot of options and choices from beta in just about every aspect of the game.

I will say, though, that I don't personally recall any non-light social gear.
I'm not a hater, I'm a disillusioned and disappointed fan.
"I spent a good 5 or 10 minutes searching around the preferences because I was sure a feature like this would not have been omitted."- A simple quote that I have seen countless times; This is what is wrong with TOR in my book.

lokdron
01.29.2012 , 06:49 PM | #13
Yup in beta there was light side and dark side armor sets for classes as well and they looked dam awesome.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Zorvan
01.29.2012 , 06:52 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Gomla View Post
A hell of a lot of things vanished during beta.

I've been in a few beta tests where they added things over time but this is the first time i've seen things taken away at such a rapid pace.

If anyone remembers Bullseye, darts show from the 80's in the UK, it was a bit like that at the end.....

"Lets see what you could have won".

Just to rub it in. BioWare giveth and BioWare taketh away.
I remember the most common question in beta before new patches/builds was "What'd they remove this time?".

EAware hyped this game as being all about "choice", and then systematically removed anything and everything they could to limit that "choice".
Thinking of returning to SWToR as a subscriber, or want to subscribe for the first time?
Please use my referral so we both get cool stuff. Thanks.
http://www.swtor.com/r/V7xMPn

Droidist
01.29.2012 , 06:58 PM | #15
I bet they were testing features that they are going to introduce in the future.
A force of one, yes, the solo player!

Zorvan
01.29.2012 , 07:01 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Droidist View Post
I bet they were testing features that they are going to introduce in the future.
I'm still betting on the inevitable cash shop.
Thinking of returning to SWToR as a subscriber, or want to subscribe for the first time?

Griminal
01.29.2012 , 07:02 PM | #17
I guarantee you every single thing they removed will be included in some kind of content patch.

Zorvan
01.29.2012 , 07:04 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Griminal View Post
I guarantee you every single thing they removed will be included in some kind of content patch.
Of course. Only it won't be called a "patch", it'll be called an "expansion". And there'll be a fee attached.

lefffen
01.29.2012 , 07:18 PM | #19
They also removed almost all of the low lvl pvp gear.. There used to be a lot of gear that you could get from doing warzones at lover lvls starting at like lvl 13 and with new pieces every lvl or so all the way to 50. Now we're stuck with a set at 20 and one at 40..

This really sucks because I planned on leveling some alts only doing the class quests and warzones.

Larce_Apollo
01.29.2012 , 07:21 PM | #20
They also removed content as well. Ravaged reconstruction and the quest area for it on Taris as been removed and blocked off, only the cloner droid remains outside where it was.

LarcÚ Apollo - Trooper-Commando/Combat Medic Ω
SWG/Bria Vet - CE Pre-Order - Full Beta Tester
The Army of Light | The Ebon Hawk Server