Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Change in Voice Actor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Change in Voice Actor

BrutalAssailant
01.29.2012 , 04:19 PM | #1
I've found that when talking to the droid YD-33 on the Imperial Fleet (Supplies), the voice actor for the Sith Warrior is different. I mean...completely different. It's fairly clear that either Bioware used a temporary voice actor or Mark Bazeley started acting a different character. It's a pretty noticeable switch.

For those of you that are curious, you can check the difference by talking to C-06X, the flashpoint courier for Colicoid War Games who is right down the row from YD-33. I've gone back and forth between the two for about 10 minutes, and it's pretty clear that they are different voices. This is severely disappointing. I hope it's merely a temporary voice over.

Thoughts community? Thoughts Bioware?
.::: E C H E L O N 7 :::.
Premier Empire RP Darth Havik, Archon
Server: Jung Ma [RP-PvP EST] Website

MaterTenebrarum
01.29.2012 , 05:17 PM | #2
Without having done this myself, is it possible they accidentally substituted the Sith Inquisitor's voice?

Somedokin
01.29.2012 , 05:22 PM | #3
I just checked for myself. It's the same voice actor.

Move along.

BrutalAssailant
01.29.2012 , 11:39 PM | #4
Not sure if you're trolling, but they're very clearly different voices.
.::: E C H E L O N 7 :::.
Premier Empire RP Darth Havik, Archon
Server: Jung Ma [RP-PvP EST] Website

DarthVindictus
01.30.2012 , 12:16 AM | #5
Steve Valentine didn't voice the Sith Warrior, hard to believe because it sounds just like him, just like hard to believe the Bounty Hunter isn't Steve Blum, but Bioware used different voice actors.

Hevra
01.30.2012 , 03:47 AM | #6
It's not Steve Valentine.

It's Mark Bazeley, most recently from The Body Farm on ITV:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0063303/

I was disappointed too

Tamyn
01.30.2012 , 05:28 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVindictus View Post
Steve Valentine didn't voice the Sith Warrior, hard to believe because it sounds just like him, just like hard to believe the Bounty Hunter isn't Steve Blum, but Bioware used different voice actors.
Maybe I'm weird, but I don't think Mark Bazeley sounds like Steve Valentine at all, though I admit I've only heard Steve as he played Alistair in Dragon Age. I also don't think Steve Blum sounds like the BH. They both have that kind of rumbly scratchy sound in their voices, but that's the only similarity IMO.

Hevra
01.30.2012 , 06:24 AM | #8
Agreed - Mark sounds deeper and more... 'phoned in' is the only way I can think of to describe it. And while he is easy on the ears, he doesn't make me go weak at the knees like Alistair did...

DarthVindictus
01.30.2012 , 07:03 AM | #9
Personally I dislike the voice. British accents don't strike me as imposing the way a Sith Lord's voice should be. Glad I have a robotic voice filter on my helmet. Cannot stand the voice without it.

Greywatch
01.30.2012 , 08:17 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVindictus View Post
Personally I dislike the voice. British accents don't strike me as imposing the way a Sith Lord's voice should be. Glad I have a robotic voice filter on my helmet. Cannot stand the voice without it.
Because american accents sound so imposing.

Personally I adore the SW's voice actor, though I'm surpsied how intelligent it sounds for a brutish class.